Hey there,

I just upgraded to the leaked.230 yesterday and have lots of experience installing leaked OS's. I have a "new" Tour without the trackball problems that earlier hardware has had.

This is really weird but I seem to have a trackball lag especially after reboot. For example, I just did a battery pull and the cursor took its own sweet time moving the icons around on the home screen. It also seems to happen after using certain memory intensive applications. After a while the cursor speeds up, but at first I could watch paint dry while waiting. Very Strange Indeed.
    10-09-09 06:58 AM
    mine always does that for about a minute or so after a bat pull *shrug*
    10-09-09 07:26 AM
    Mine too.. Seems like they decreased boot time by giving you a GUI sooner, but there are still boot processes going on in the background for another 30 seconds to a minute.
    10-09-09 07:30 AM
    Oh ok. I haven't done a pull during waking hours in so long I never noticed it before. I wish that QuickPullPro was working for the leak. Just found out about alt-rt shft-del. That'll work for a while until the official release comes out.

Do the official releases come out quicker for the Tour than they did for the &(#$@* Storm? I never knew to update my World Edition, (stupid newbie!) so my only basis of comparison is the Storm and that was just RIDICULOUS!
    10-09-09 07:36 AM
    I am also getting this issue quite a lot! Anyone else also getting the os freezing more often? Just curious, I hope they leak another OS soon!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 07:50 AM
    If you have any 3rd party apps that run on startup, this will also cause some lag with the trackball. The GUI load time is very quick, but these background apps will slow things down quite a bit at first.
    10-09-09 10:28 AM
    Yeah I get the startup lag, but it was acually worse on my Bold so it really doesn't bother me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 10:35 AM
    With the trackball sticking, can it be removed and cleaned easily?
    10-09-09 01:00 PM
    Can you pick what programs load on startup like in Windows? Or do you have to individually go into each program.
    10-09-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD