okay so before i start I've referred to everything possible. I've searched and cant really find anything or not sure of stuff. i have a unlocked 9630 and no i have no warranty.

so my trackball recently stopped working. usually a normal trackball on a BB can click down FULLY. just like the call key on the phone or like a letter on the keyboard. At first it started clicking half way and i was able to select things with it. but now not at all. theres no way to click down. an example of what i mean is put your finger to the wall and try pushing on it... your not going anywhere. theres no way to click down is what I'm trying to say.

how do i fix that? I've opened it up messed around with the spoon. what i have inside there is trackball then the metal spoon looking thing. another small circle made of the same material. then like a copper square thing. and i believe green thing thats attached the mother board. not sure about the last one. so WHERE DOES THE PROBLEM LYE? is the trackball in need of changing? doesn't seem like it cuz i can navigate with it.
    02-22-11 10:43 PM
    Trackball problems on the 9630 is a very common. This has been going on forever. There are tons of threads here regarding this issue. Good luck!
    02-22-11 10:54 PM
    ok princebb. thats not an answer. keep off the ****ing post if you dont have an actual helpful answer. im not being mean, im being reasonable. i dont get why people just want to post anything.
    02-22-11 10:57 PM
    Grab a cotton bud and dip it in some alcohol, then gently roll the trackball multiple times in all 4 directions until it is clean.

Do not roll the trackball for the next 120 seconds
    After it has dried, you may try again.

Hope this helps you with your concern.

Matrix Leader
    Follow the white bunny...
    02-22-11 11:15 PM
    When I owned the Tour 9630 for just over a year. I had to change the trackball about 4 times. It seems that trackballs just aren't meant to last in the Tour, no matter what you try.

You can try Matrix Leader's approach if you want but I just saved myself time by replacing it. You can find quite a few OEM ones from ebay. I bought a pack of 5 and kept them handy just incase I needed to change it
    02-22-11 11:24 PM
    I had the identical issue. It started out small (still able to depress the track ball) then it just locked into a position where I could still navigate all directions (going up was stiff) but to "click" the ball, I had to use a finger nail & push directly down on the ball. There was no click but it functioned. I went to my Sprint "Ready Now" store where they make repairs. The said BB doesn't authorize a replacement of the track ball and will only swap out equipment. I got talking to the young guy doing the repairs and he of course knew how to replace it, had seen the video and was familar with the issue on the Tour. Twenty minutes later, after I assured him I wouldn't hold him, Sprint, or BB liable for ANYTHING, I got a new track ball that works better then when it was new. It cost me $15.00. I didn't try the paper route as I had no confidence in my ability to fix anything! He said there was a lot of crud in the cavity which probably wouldn't come out using the sliding paper method.
    02-23-11 04:31 PM
    I have multiple blackberry's in my organization purchased a Tour 9630 on release date with the trackball recall following. I like the updated GUI, media, music etc, web browsing is great.
    02-24-11 12:34 PM
    Prince is right - there's a ton of posts on BB track balls and videos on how to replace them here and youtube.

Unfortunately track balls don't like crud - that's why they stop.
    02-26-11 09:48 AM
    Trackball problems on the 9630 is a very common. This has been going on forever. There are tons of threads here regarding this issue. Good luck!
    Aye!, been through two trackballs and sensor board myself. All in owning my tour a little under a year
    03-04-11 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD