What constitutes a replacement due to trackball problems? Mine sometimes doesn't respond (the rest of the buttons do) and sometimes I have the problem where I try and spin it, but it just doesn't want to go. Do those problems have to be constant or do I just need to claim that I have had them?
    10-30-09 05:10 PM
    I just called *611 and explained that while my trackball spins freely around (for example, it wasn't getting stuck due to dirt or lint, which a cleaning should fix), my cursor did not. I told the rep that while moving up and down was never a problem, moving left to right was a hassle. She told me it was a known issue and that they would be sending a certified like new replacement right away. (And boy am I glad I called. The replacement works great!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 06:11 PM
    I've heard that is a very common problem from people at verizon but my problem is that the trackball does not push down. It moves left and right fine but I just mush it down to select there's no clicking anymore. Anyone else? And does this mean I need a replacement? I know with the curve you could remove and clean the ball but I dnt think u can on the tour. Right?
    10-30-09 06:35 PM
    I just called *611 and explained that while my trackball spins freely around (for example, it wasn't getting stuck due to dirt or lint, which a cleaning should fix), my cursor did not. I told the rep that while moving up and down was never a problem, moving left to right was a hassle. She told me it was a known issue and that they would be sending a certified like new replacement right away. (And boy am I glad I called. The replacement works great!)

Thanks for the the info. That's exactly the problem I have been having lately. I usually can get it to work if I push it a few times, but I shouldn't have to do that! I'm gonna call them tomorrow. Did they make you send in your old Tour first, or after you got it?
    10-30-09 06:52 PM
    They send the replacement first, then you have 10 days to send in your defective phone. And no problem at all, definitely call them. I wasn't going to at first because I'd almost gotten used to all the extra scrolling I was having to do, but when I thought about the fact that I'm trying to keep my Tour for at least a year (until my next annual upgrade when I can get whatever new BB is on the market), I decided I wanted a phone that works right, lol. Good luck and don't hesitate to call and exchange the replacement too if it's not working as it should.
    10-30-09 09:11 PM
    I've heard that is a very common problem from people at verizon but my problem is that the trackball does not push down. It moves left and right fine but I just mush it down to select there's no clicking anymore. Anyone else? And does this mean I need a replacement? I know with the curve you could remove and clean the ball but I dnt think u can on the tour. Right?
    There's no way to remove the trackball without taking the phone apart, unfortunately. If it's not clicking right, I'd get a replacement if I were you.
    10-30-09 09:14 PM
    Mine just started really screwing up in the last couple of weeks. And today, for the first time, I can't get it to go up at all. It moves the other directions, though very sluggishly, but not up at all. So I decided to reboot and see if that would help. It did somewhat, this time. If I use my fingernail to push and roll up at the same time, I did get it to move up. I think I'm ready for a trackpad now.
    Very frustraighting. I think I'm going to be making a call to verizon this week. I bought the phone the week after they came out and have had very little problem until now. I'm sad.
    10-31-09 12:49 AM
    How much is the replacement?
    10-31-09 12:53 AM
    I've been threw (6 Tours) cause of the track ball man

10-31-09 01:29 AM
    How much is the replacement?
    Since trackball issues are covered under warranty, you don't have to pay anything.
    10-31-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD