Hey CB Community,

I have a quick question. I've been through MANY BlackBerry Tour replacements, and I finally got a perfect one. The trackball is seated high, moves in ALL directions, tight battery cover, zero ripple, working camera, working backlight (yes, one of my replacements had a broken backlight).

As normal, I have updated to 5.0.0.230. I have noticed that, only in the browser, the trackball is EXTREMELY SENSITIVE. A lot of times when I click, it moves a little, sometimes directing from what I wanted to click on.

A little research on the Internet shows a battery pull, cleaning of browser caches, clean trackball, etc., should fix the issue. It hasn't fixed it.

All of my Tours have actually been like this. Whenever I get a new phone, I restore it from the old one, so all of the settings are the same. Whenever I adjust sensitivity in options > screen/keyboard, it doesn't change the browser.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul
    10-27-09 04:37 PM
    I am just curious, as I have the original Tour with a stubborn trackball, was replacing it a dozen times really worth all the hassle? Seems like you still have problems. Storm 2 in your future?!!
    10-27-09 04:54 PM
    I have this issue as well I turned down the sensitivity 10 and it seems to have helped. Anything more than 10 and the trackball seems slow though. IE. It was at 90 and I turned it down to 80.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 04:59 PM
    Hmm, adjusting the sensitivity in screen/keyboard does nothing for the browser. I put it down to 10 just for testing and it didn't do anything. Does it do something for you in the browser?

Not the rest of the phone, JUST the browser lol.

Thanks!

Paul
    10-27-09 05:11 PM
    This is not a fix, but more of work-around.

When you highlight a link, instead of clicking the trackball, just click the ENTER key. I do this all the time to avoid the same issue as you, plus to save the trackball a bit.

10-27-09 07:35 PM
    This is not a fix, but more of work-around.

When you highlight a link, instead of clicking the trackball, just click the ENTER key. I do this all the time to avoid the same issue as you, plus to save the trackball a bit.

Thanks for your reply, elite1. I will do that...but are there any other ways to decrease the sensitivity in the browser?

Thanks!

Paul
    10-27-09 07:40 PM
    There is no way to decrease this in just the browser, you would have to decrease for all of the device functionality.
    10-27-09 07:44 PM
    There is no way to decrease this in just the browser, you would have to decrease for all of the device functionality.
    Thanks for your response, drm2blv. Whenever I change the sensitivity, it doesn't affect the browser at all. Should it?

Paul
    10-27-09 07:47 PM
    When you go to trackball sensativity, and change it, press menu then save the changes. Then go back to browser and give it a shot.

If it is not changing, you could have hardware or software issues that are not allowing the changes.
    10-27-09 07:52 PM
    When you go to trackball sensativity, and change it, press menu then save the changes. Then go back to browser and give it a shot.

If it is not changing, you could have hardware or software issues that are not allowing the changes.
    Hmm, ok, it works on the front page, like go to, google search, bookmarks, history...when I get to a webpage it is super fast just like always, the cursor is fast...should I do a battery pull?
    10-27-09 07:57 PM
    Tried a battery pull to no avail. 5.0.0.230 problem? Can't be a hardware issue, had this issue on my last couple of Tours...

Thanks

Paul
    10-27-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD