how do u clean the ball and the sensoes on the tour
    02-13-10 10:00 PM
    Don't open it up. Just grab a sheet of plain white paper and press the tour face down and rub the tour facedown like this all over and in all directions. This will clear up the ball itself.

Also, don't know your carrier but VZW has cleaned mine before... The techs will look at it if you take it into a store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 10:05 PM
    Cyber Clean Americas - The Home of The High Tech Cleaning Compound

Believe it or not this stuff works. Its awesome and when you put it back into its tube it makes a tremendous noise that delights the little boy in all of us!

D
    02-13-10 10:44 PM
    Might sound crazy, but I use those alcohol-based hand wipes. Works well for me!
    02-13-10 11:35 PM
    Might sound crazy, but I use those alcohol-based hand wipes. Works well for me!
    Doesn't sound crazy I do this too, I remember years back when the mouse on your computer had the ball on it and you had to take it out and clean the rollers on it because it would pick up all that nasty junk.....I used alcohol to clean it too

02-14-10 03:06 AM
    Cyber Clean Americas - The Home of The High Tech Cleaning Compound

Believe it or not this stuff works. Its awesome and when you put it back into its tube it makes a tremendous noise that delights the little boy in all of us!

D
    That's a compound, meaning its gritty or paste like. What keeps it from sticking to the inside of the ball assemble?
    02-14-10 03:24 AM
    I just use the hand sanatizer stuff. Just dampen it and roll it around. Seems to work.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-15-10 11:06 AM
    I just use the hand sanatizer stuff. Just dampen it and roll it around. Seems to work.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Its not that surprising that Hand Sanitizer would work - after all, it is alcohol based...
    02-15-10 02:30 PM
    If you don't mind paying a few bucks, Nancy, the tech at the local VZW will clean it nicely. Somethings are just better off handled by a Pro! She spends here day in front of customers just scrubbing and rinsing, scrubbing and rinsing.
    02-15-10 02:36 PM
    If you don't mind paying a few bucks, Nancy, the tech at the local VZW will clean it nicely. Somethings are just better off handled by a Pro! She spends here day in front of customers just scrubbing and rinsing, scrubbing and rinsing.
    yes indeed, while you might get away with cleaning your own balls, a professional ball-cleaning has no substitution (unless of course you are flexible enough...)
    02-15-10 02:42 PM
    yes indeed, while you might get away with cleaning your own balls, a professional ball-cleaning has no substitution (unless of course you are flexible enough...)
    i aint touching this post. lol
    05-29-10 09:58 PM
    So your telling me that I should go to VZW and ask Mary to clean my balls...
    05-30-10 09:37 AM
    Also just a q-tip dip in some alcohol. Just rup the q-tip around and all over the trackball for about 3 to 5 minutes. This works well and simple too.
    05-30-10 12:08 PM
    All this is fine and dandy, but, as an earlier post had mentioned about cleaning the mouse, that made me think of this.

All of these tips are great for cleaning the "trackball," what about the area the grips the trackball (just like the mouse, it wasn't the "ball" that was dirty, it was those rollers around it.) Does the alcohol (not that I want to put a "flammable liquid" in my phone) clean the area's around the trackball?

Yes, I agree, the trackball does get dirty, but, in the same note, that dirt must attach itself to other parts while it is being rolled around.

As with the mouse, we "always" had to take the little round cover off to reach inside with a q-tip, or tweezers, or something to rub or scrape the little hangy things on the ball rollers.

I guess what I am asking is not about the track ball itself, but the rollers that hold or glide the track ball.

Do those in essence get cleaned with the alcohol or are we just cleaning the trackball itself.

I am not trying to be rude, so please don't answer with a "yes it does" unless you have taken apart your Tour and looked at it. Reason being is we can all answer a question, but do we really know the answer.

I just don't want the alcohol to be a temperary solution and in the mean time all this gunk is actually being caked on the rollers. We know that dust and liquid turn into mush.

Please... PLEASE don't think I am being rude on my last statement...

Thanks,

msblueline
    05-30-10 01:54 PM
    I wanted to comment on my last comment because I reread it and it does sound kind of stupid. I don't mean to say don't answer yes, but rather just a yes because it has worked for you in the past. What I am trying to get at is what is happening on the inside of the phone when cleaning the trackball using this method. Is it cleaning the rollers too or is there something bigger happening inside the phone. What I am asking makes sense to me, just trying to put it in writing so others can understand what I am saying.

I just don't want to have a mushy gunk building up inside the phone and the whole while I am thinking I am doing a good job cleaning my trackball.

My brother has a Tour too and he is having major trackball issues. Is it his phone (he is on his second one, still with problems) or is it the cleaning method.

That is all I am trying to ask, not trying to sound arrogant or anything.

Thanks for your help in advance.

msblueline

05-30-10 03:05 PM
    I gave up on cleaning. Honestly changing the trackball very easy.
    I got one on Ebay for $5.00 and watced a youtube video on changing the trackball.
    Fixed the pain in the neck trackball for good.
    05-30-10 04:27 PM
    If mine ever gets dirty I will exchange it for another one. It's happened once and works just fine on my second one.
    05-30-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD