I'm having an issue with the trackball on my tour. It is intermittently not scrolling right. I can see the trackball moving, but the sensor inside must not be registering that it is. I bought me tour from ebay, so taking it in to verizon for a replacement is not an option. I'm also not eligible for an upgrade until march 2011. I've tried every method on this site and others of cleaning the trackball. At first it seemed to do the trick but lately cleaning seems to make no difference at all.

What are my options? Is the trackball replaceable on the tour? Should I get rid of it and buy a BB with a trackpad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 03:48 PM
    04-28-10 03:49 PM
    04-28-10 09:16 PM
    Usually this is an easy fix like the Pearl. Simply take out the track ball and clean it. Then clean the metal contacts around the bezel that holds trackball.
    Usually for both if you use jewelry cleaner like for gold or silver the liquid kind, works really good.

But this solution is only if you simply do not want to take it in and spend the money. I've done this plenty of times and it works extremely well.

DOADesigns Support
    04-28-10 09:57 PM
    Ive had a few fail, although they were kept clean. I acheived a few more miles by increasing vertical and horizontal sensitivity, then an immediate battery pull.
    04-28-10 10:05 PM
    Usually this is an easy fix like the Pearl. Simply take out the track ball and clean it. Then clean the metal contacts around the bezel that holds trackball.
    Usually for both if you use jewelry cleaner like for gold or silver the liquid kind, works really good.

But this solution is only if you simply do not want to take it in and spend the money. I've done this plenty of times and it works extremely well.

DOADesigns Support

My trackball will scroll horizontally and upward, but not downward. How can you take out the trackball? With the old Curve and Pearl, etc, that was easy, but I don't want to have to take apart my Tour and void the warranty.
    04-30-10 07:43 PM
    Gamaray has it right with adjusting the sensitivity, though it is only a work around and it will still skip. I do this because it seems like it would be a hassle to have to take it in and deal with not having it for a while.
    Though I did go into a store recently and was told that this issue is easily fixable now. They just need to replace the trackball. I was told to leave it for a few hours and it would be all better. I didn't have the time to leave it so I am still doing the higher sensitivity level.
    I don't think you can replace the trackball yourself as easily at the pearl or curve. I think the Tour trackball is set in lower. Not to say you can't do it yourself, but if you take it in is sounds pretty simple.

Good luck.
    04-30-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD