Trackball fix... return it

I have had my replacement for days, as well as feedback from 3 other Tour owners at work.

Replacing your Tour with a newer one fixes several issues

Trackball - Now it works as well as my Curve did, sits higher than my gen 1 Tour, and no issues.

Keyboard - Easier to type on my keyboard now since the ridges aren't as high, and its more of a dull finish.

Battery Cover - It seems they have put an adhesive strip inside the battery cover that helps with the issue of movement.

Of course, you could listen to Cereal Killer and adjust your trackball settings, and settle for a non working fix...

Or just replace the damn thing and get what you paid for.
    Last edited by cybrwulf; 08-22-09 at 11:46 PM.
    08-22-09 11:42 PM
    I called sprint for my third tour today...ordered the original on the 13th-headphone jack and gps didn't work-my 2nd tour which I am using now has the tb issue, and gps is iffy at times...in addition, the in-car bt barely works, when the first tour was perfect in that area...I'm past 30days now, but called last week and spoke to someone, was transferred 3 times, then gave up. Called back and there was some system issue so I was promised a call back. As usual with my sprint cs experience, I received no call back. Called today (I don't have time to call sprint cs on THEIR schedule) and the rep at first advised I was out of the 30 day window (which I thought would restart when I got the replacement phone-was told it only counts from the original order, which makes NO sense...a 30day manufacturer warranty is supposed to cover you 30days from the receipt of the device, so why the **** are they starting the 30day window from when I received my first tour!?) But after advising that I had been trying to callin last week, the rep saw that in the notes, spoke to her super and is sending a new one. I really hope the third phone is flawless. Well, I just hope the tb works as it should for a $349 phone after taxes and before the MIR. Speaking of MIR, the past two boxes I received failed to come with the MIR, and I can't send it in until I have a solid Tour in my hands, as the MIR will only credit my account if I have the corresponding ESN on my account listed as active. Oh, did I mention when I initially bought the tour, telesales advised the MIR would be sent to me via email, and all I had to do was reply to the email to have the MIR credited to my account? Sounded fishy to me too so I clarified with him twice, and was reassured both times. This is only a third of my insane sprint order story, but I'm in the wrong thread for that. Anyway, I am really hoping that this tour en route does not have to go back to sprint once again, especially considering the fact that my bill is now over $1000 pending credits for the last two phones, and in addition- I am supposedly outside of the 30day window now, so if I DO have to call for anoither swap, I'm going to have to fight with someone over the 30day policy. Ugh. What carrier do you have, and have you gotten any flak for having replaced 5 tours at this point...

?

Ideally, the trackball is supposed to even work at very low settings. The fact that it doesn't indicates that something is faulty. Not until my 6th Tour (arrived this past Friday) did I finally have one that worked as BB's should. I have it on 70/70 and it scrolls, and if I apply pressure and scroll horizontally it still scrolls as it should. None of my previous Tours could do that.

I think they have them all working as they should now. I highly recommend taking them back and getting the latest makes.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 11:54 PM
    Thanks again to the OP. I changed my settings after reading this post and it made a huge difference. I wasn't having too many issues, but I did notice the ball could be a bit fussy from time to time. Thank you again!
    08-23-09 12:55 AM
    I was told by a Rep that its the "Made in Mexico" units that are having the track ball issues.... Any witnesses to this theory?

I have a Mexico unit and the TB is WERF'LESS !!!
    08-23-09 01:00 AM
    Just ordered my replacement bcuz i dont like da trackball so sensitive...but this will do the job till the new 1 gets here...hopefully it dosnt fluke like the 1st 1
    08-23-09 01:08 AM
    I was told by a Rep that its the "Made in Mexico" units that are having the track ball issues.... Any witnesses to this theory?

It is not Mexico related only. Both Canada and Mexico Tour owners are experiencing TB issues.

08-23-09 07:22 AM

Mine was made in Mexico and works perfectly.

08-23-09 08:27 AM
    Mine's working good straight out of the box, very responsive at 80/80 so I'm not changing BUT I hope this helps those who are having issues.
    08-23-09 09:15 AM
    I have it set at 80V/90H too, but it's not a fix at all. I can only move left and right if I feather it (which I am not used to nor want to). I don't care if it's a software/hardware issue, but I don't have the patience to wait for a software fix since so many people are getting perfectly working trackballs in recently replaced Tours.
    08-23-09 09:56 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD