Yeah, you won't find me jumping ship to iToy, Pre, or HTC anytime soon. Ya see, first and foremost I require a capable phone and messaging device. I know there are bigger screens, betters web browsers, and a gizzillon apps out there. But, what does all that really mean if the dam phone sucks?! My trusty Tour does just what I need very well indeed: Email, messaging, and most important of all... PHONE CALLS! I just can't see buying a device with a big ol screen you can't see in sunlight. I just can't see buying a device that runs out of battery in half a day. I just can't see buying a device doesn't push my email when I need it. I just can't see buying a device that doesn't have a real keyboard. Just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 04:40 PM
    Thank you for that, i completely agree with you.
    05-02-10 04:46 PM
    amen brotha

05-02-10 05:53 PM
    I love my tour but on July I am available for upgrade pricing and will most likely get the incredible. The web speed and smoothness of the phone is amazing. I am tired of waiting for web pages to load up. If BB could make a faster phone, I'd probably stay but I don't see it happening.

05-02-10 08:02 PM
    +1 to that!
    05-02-10 08:31 PM
    Going to iphone the second I get the chance.
    05-02-10 08:35 PM
    It's great that you love your Tour, or at least that's what you want others to believe...but the Tour sucks! I've been a loyal BB user for years but the Storm1 and then the Tour was the last straw for me! I went into Verizon 2 wks ago and swapped out my 5th defective phone! 4 of them had trackball issues and the latest one had a black box pop up on the screen that made the phone useless. Just no quality control on RIM's part. I don't know if it's that they rush these devices out in order to compete with the other phone makers or what. I've gotta say that when I plunk down a few hundred bucks for a phone, it should work and work well. I shouldn't need updates immediately (Storm1) or have to swap out my phone every 2 months (Tour).

That being said, I made the switch to the Droid Incredible and all I can say is WOW!!!! The BB OS is so stale and it feels like 1999. The Android OS is better in every way. It's fast, fluid, no lag in anything at all! There are a million apps to download and most I've seen are free. There's 8GB of onboard memory, with an SD slot that's capable of up to a 32GB card. The internet is fun again.
    With BB, I only used the internet if I was away from my laptop and HAD to look up some info or a phone # etc. The browser sucked and it was almost painful to browse a website. With the Incredible, the browser feels like I'm on a mini laptop. And man is it fast!
    I use Google Maps a ton and with the Tour, it worked but it lagged a lot (much wasted time with the stupid spinning hourglass). Now it scrolls all over with NO lag whatsoever. Also if you wanted turn by turn navigation with the Tour, you had to subscribe to VZW or another service. With Android, you can get free turn by turn using Google Maps.
    I always liked the BB push email. Some emails I need to get right when they're sent. Many people had told me only BB can do this...wrong. All you need to do is set up a Gmail account and it pushes email just as fast.
    The only knock so far is the battery life. The first 2 days I was getting about 6-8 hrs but now that I'm not playing with it nonstop the life is getting much much better. I've had it on for 12 hrs and I'm at 47% left. I have WiFi on, GPS on-I haven't turned anything off to get better life. With the same usage on my Tour, I'd probably have about 60% left at this point in the day. Not bad considering the Inc has a processor that's twice as fast, and a big touch screen that does suck the juice.

Anyways, if any BB users out there are hesitating making the switch, DON'T! You won't regret it.
    Last edited by CFD323; 05-02-10 at 08:56 PM.
    05-02-10 08:54 PM
    Exactly, im tired of the lack of fun I get when I use my tour. Ive had blackberries for 4 years now, and im ready to switch once my contract is up. The OS is so boring, and ive had more problems with BIS than id like to recollect. Most likley waiting for the next gen iphone
    05-02-10 08:56 PM
    That's how I felt. BB OS is just BORING!
    05-02-10 08:58 PM
    I guess its good that its boring if you use it as a straight workhorse, but as a college student im trying to have some more fun with my phone.
    05-02-10 09:23 PM
    Yeah, you won't find me jumping ship to iToy, Pre, or HTC anytime soon. Ya see, first and foremost I require a capable phone and messaging device. I know there are bigger screens, betters web browsers, and a gizzillon apps out there. But, what does all that really mean if the dam phone sucks?! My trusty Tour does just what I need very well indeed: Email, messaging, and most important of all... PHONE CALLS! I just can't see buying a device with a big ol screen you can't see in sunlight. I just can't see buying a device that runs out of battery in half a day. I just can't see buying a device doesn't push my email when I need it. I just can't see buying a device that doesn't have a real keyboard. Just my opinion.

completely agree!!!
    05-02-10 09:26 PM

Totally agreed, the Tour is a great messaging device.

05-02-10 11:10 PM
    It's great that you love your Tour, or at least that's what you want others to believe...but the Tour sucks! I've been a loyal BB user for years but the Storm1 and then the Tour was the last straw for me! I went into Verizon 2 wks ago and swapped out my 5th defective phone! 4 of them had trackball issues and the latest one had a black box pop up on the screen that made the phone useless. Just no quality control on RIM's part. I don't know if it's that they rush these devices out in order to compete with the other phone makers or what. I've gotta say that when I plunk down a few hundred bucks for a phone, it should work and work well. I shouldn't need updates immediately (Storm1) or have to swap out my phone every 2 months (Tour).

That being said, I made the switch to the Droid Incredible and all I can say is WOW!!!! The BB OS is so stale and it feels like 1999. The Android OS is better in every way. It's fast, fluid, no lag in anything at all! There are a million apps to download and most I've seen are free. There's 8GB of onboard memory, with an SD slot that's capable of up to a 32GB card. The internet is fun again.
    With BB, I only used the internet if I was away from my laptop and HAD to look up some info or a phone # etc. The browser sucked and it was almost painful to browse a website. With the Incredible, the browser feels like I'm on a mini laptop. And man is it fast!
    I use Google Maps a ton and with the Tour, it worked but it lagged a lot (much wasted time with the stupid spinning hourglass). Now it scrolls all over with NO lag whatsoever. Also if you wanted turn by turn navigation with the Tour, you had to subscribe to VZW or another service. With Android, you can get free turn by turn using Google Maps.
    I always liked the BB push email. Some emails I need to get right when they're sent. Many people had told me only BB can do this...wrong. All you need to do is set up a Gmail account and it pushes email just as fast.
    The only knock so far is the battery life. The first 2 days I was getting about 6-8 hrs but now that I'm not playing with it nonstop the life is getting much much better. I've had it on for 12 hrs and I'm at 47% left. I have WiFi on, GPS on-I haven't turned anything off to get better life. With the same usage on my Tour, I'd probably have about 60% left at this point in the day. Not bad considering the Inc has a processor that's twice as fast, and a big touch screen that does suck the juice.

Anyways, if any BB users out there are hesitating making the switch, DON'T! You won't regret it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com The Incredible is a great phone, I have one as well.. However I love my Tour.. Two different phones with totally different O.S.. I'm sorry u had so many issues with your BB. I haven't had one. There are still true BB's users that LOVE our devices! So STOP bashing the Tour and go download a APP to keep yourself busy

05-03-10 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD