Help!!
    I bought the Blackberry Tour back in November to replace my broken Curve. I have been with US Cell since the Primeco days (15 Years) and have a really good plan so I really don't want to switch carriers. I charge my tour every night (turned off). I had turned it on yesterday morning and everything was fine. I placed a call and then put it in the case after putting it in standby mode. I was out ice fishing and needed to use my phone to call someone and it was shut off. I thought maybe it was by accident so I hit the power button and nothing. I took out the battery and put it back in and nothing. No LED No Screen. DEAD!! I took it to US Cell and tried a new battery and same thing. I used a charger and nothing. I called tech support from the store and they had me plug in the charger w/o the battery and then reinsert the battery while still plugged in BLAH BLAH BLAH, The usual procedure. They said it was DEAD and they would send out a replacement by Tuesday. My question is has anyone had this problem with the Tour and if so is there a way to recover it?? My other question is the APPS I had on the phone are they transferrable to the new phone??
    Any HELP would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Whitesoxfan1
    02-07-10 10:33 AM
    Do you have bbsak or desktop manager? Try removing the battery and loading either bbsak or desktop manager and then plugging the phone in. This should make the red light come on and it should boot ..
    02-07-10 01:22 PM
    Well I tried what you said and it still is completely DEAD. I downloaded BBSAK and I have DM and it still doesn't work. I guess I learned my lesson about backing things up. I think i'm going to install a 5.0.0.419 hybrid on my next phone and keep it simple.

Any thoughts on this??
    02-07-10 02:29 PM
    Just curious, You said ice fishing? How cold was it and how long was the phone exposed to the cold?
    02-07-10 04:39 PM
    It was is the upper 20s. I didn't leave it sitting out either, I had it in my jacket the whole time until I wanted to use it. My brother-in-law has a BB Curve and it was working that day. Just a defective phone I guess.
    02-07-10 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD