For some reason my Tour locked up on me, so I did a battery pull. After inserting the battery, I get the little clock for a minute then the following message:

Reload Software: 552 with a little circle and a line through it. The desktop manager won't recognize the phone at all to do a back up.

I already plan on returning it tomorrow to exchange for a new one, however I was hoping to back up my data since it's been a few since since my last back up.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    07-31-09 03:31 PM
    Someting bricked the device - sorry this happened, but if the device is not seen chances of a backup are mosst likely slim and none, leaning towards none.
    07-31-09 03:52 PM
    For some reason my Tour locked up on me, so I did a battery pull. After inserting the battery, I get the little clock for a minute then the following message:

Reload Software: 552 with a little circle and a line through it. The desktop manager won't recognize the phone at all to do a back up.

I already plan on returning it tomorrow to exchange for a new one, however I was hoping to back up my data since it's been a few since since my last back up.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    This May help you http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    Good Luck

EDIT: Not sure how to back up your phone since DM wont recognize it... this is simply if u want to reload the os on your phone.
    Last edited by b1time; 07-31-09 at 04:04 PM.
    07-31-09 04:00 PM
    Thanks for the responses
    07-31-09 04:31 PM
    Yeah it's bricked.. That happens when you do a wipe with JL cmdr. If you don't have a backup that sucks but what you need to do is. Download the sprint OS and install it.. Then I'd suggest downloading shrink OS since that loads the OS very easily and you can also remove unwanted stuff like languages and the wallpapers and video to free up memory

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B7B318FFCF74C6

It says .77 but it's not.. There's also the Tour hybrid OS that was posted and I'm running that and so far it's been good even though the .40 worked fine for me aswell.
    Last edited by Tdubby; 07-31-09 at 04:38 PM.
    07-31-09 04:34 PM
    After I did everything, downloaded new OS from Sprint, wiped the device. when I went to reload the software I'm getting an error message that the software is not compatible with the device? ARRRRRGGGGG
    07-31-09 06:54 PM
    How are you loading it?
    07-31-09 07:00 PM
    I've tried through DM and directly through Application Loader
    07-31-09 07:07 PM
    What a knucklehead! I downloaded the OS but never installed it so I couldn't reload it!! Got it now, thanks for the help everyone!

Love my Crackberry!!!
    07-31-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD