I set my sms Ringtone to one I downloaded and wen I test it it works but wen I get a text message it plays the default tone how do I fix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 09:38 PM
    Make sure after you set it and test it you are saving the setting and not backing out of the screen without saving. Only thing I can think of.
    03-16-10 10:40 PM
    Remove the hyphens out of the phone numbers within the address book. This fixed it for me when I upgraded to 5.0.
    03-17-10 12:00 AM
    Sound profiles for the 9630 are horrible. I've has similar problems on three different OS (currently SPRNT.484, no custom ringtones/profiles/anything). I can set them as many times as I like, create new profiles, etc. and nothing fixes it. There have been well over 20+ threads about this here at CB as well. So far I haven't heard of much of a fix. We all just get to listen to our default ringers!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-17-10 04:12 AM
    I've never had a problem with my sound profiles with .419
    03-17-10 05:19 AM
    I have the same problem!!!!!! It's so frustrating!!!!!!!!
    03-31-10 02:29 PM
    remove the hyphens out of the phone numbers within the address book. This fixed it for me when i upgraded to 5.0.
    works freaking awesum for me!!! Ya!!!!!!
    03-31-10 02:57 PM
    Only a little different. My ringtone/text notification seem to randomly change for different contacts. The people that call and text me the most don't have hyphens in their contact info so I can't try that fix. Any other ideas?
    04-02-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD