Well this is pretty much as simple as the subject says.....i plug my tour into my laptop the laptop recognizes the phone being plugged in as the autoplay box pops up and the phone knows its plugged in cuz it charges the battery but desktop manager doesnt show it as being connected and the only connection option i have is that drop down box that says usb or none and obviously its on usb.....frustrated to no end
    09-21-09 12:09 AM
    i have the same problem with my storm but i havent found a solution to the problem yet i called verizon they stated i may not be the administrator to my pc i took a look and my pc says i am but the previous owner name are in all folders i really dont get it
    09-21-09 12:23 AM
    try connecting it to a different usb port. sometimes the port you are connecting it to for some reason doesnt detect the phone.
    09-21-09 12:46 AM
    The same thing happened to me.

I restarted my computer a few times, and after a few attempts, it finally recognized the BB. No rhyme nor reason.
    09-21-09 04:49 AM
    What operating system are you running? I have had problems with Windows XP in the past where the USB ports do not work correctly either due to some patches or other system changes and the drivers need to be re-installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 05:28 AM
    im running vista sp1......ive had this similar problem b4 with my storm and generally id unplug it reboot both and plug it back in and it would work....this has been going on like 4 days now with multiple restarts and it still doesnt recognize it
    09-21-09 10:05 AM
    When it happened to me, i deleted the dm and installed another and its worked just fine since then.
    09-21-09 11:22 AM
    All you need to do when this happens is go into your control panal, find "hardware" click it, go to the USB drive that will say "Blackberry" (your phone needs to be plugged in for this), than right click uninstall driver. Than unplug your phone and plug it back in it will re-install and work properly. My laptop does this all the time, I am running 64 bit Vista.
    09-21-09 12:17 PM
    thanks lynx that worked perfectly....figures windows ******* up again.....but now my DM wont recognize that i installed the drivers for .153.....i even went into add/remove programs and deleted all my past software versions.....oh well if its not one thing its another
    09-21-09 01:51 PM
    ...but desktop manager doesnt show it as being connected...
    Are you using DM 5.0? If so, downgrade to 4.7. 5.0 is known to have a few issues. Also, oftentimes, rebooting the PC will cure this connectivity issue with DM.
    09-21-09 08:43 PM
    Please someone help me with this. Im having same problem with mine and ive tried everything!
    When i plug my usb in, desktop manager is not pickinh it up.
    Ive tried restarting computer quite a few times, ive downloaded the lastest version which is 5.0 and nothing is working ???
    10-04-09 01:56 PM
    try connecting it to a different usb port. sometimes the port you are connecting it to for some reason doesnt detect the phone.
    Thank you thank you thank you! I've been trying for over an hour to get this thing to talk to the computer. Now maybe I can even figure out how to use over half the toys my Curve has with it!
    10-08-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD