Help me Crackberry nation, my tour will not take a charge, nor be recognized by my computer. My guess is something happened to the port on the side but if anyone has any ideas other than that pleas shoot them at me, anything will help.

Also I made a stupid mistake and deleted my 3rd party apps back up folder and then emptied the trash can .
    03-09-10 09:56 PM
    Help me Crackberry nation, my tour will not take a charge, nor be recognized by my computer. My guess is something happened to the port on the side but if anyone has any ideas other than that pleas shoot them at me, anything will help.

Also I made a stupid mistake and deleted my 3rd party apps back up folder and then emptied the trash can .

Not sure if you tried this but check to see if the computer recognizes the phone when connected and with the battery removed. I had an issue with a Curve 8530 that for some reason the computer wouldn't recognize it while the battery was in it and when I removed the battery and connected it, I was able to reinstall the OS and cure the USB connectivity issue. Almost like the OS had made the hardware partially inoperable. Hope it helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 10:23 PM
    Look at the charge pins. May be one is broken

03-09-10 10:31 PM
    No joy on either count gents....any other ideas or am I just up a creek?

It's not just a DM/computer issue, none of my chargers are working with it.
    Last edited by bk5150; 03-09-10 at 11:23 PM.
    03-09-10 11:21 PM
    My advice is to take it to ur carrier and let them swap it out for you, it's still under manufactures warranty!! Good Luck!!
    03-09-10 11:25 PM
    My advice is to take it to ur carrier and let them swap it out for you, it's still under manufactures warranty!! Good Luck!!
    This is my intentions early in the morning however, I need to get my BB backed up prior to doing so and would love to fix my stupidity attack of deleting the 3rd party file I had on my computer.

Upside i backed up a few hours prior to this issue happening, downside deleted my 3rd party file!!

A.
    03-09-10 11:30 PM
    This is my intentions early in the morning however, I need to get my BB backed up prior to doing so and would love to fix my stupidity attack of deleting the 3rd party file I had on my computer.

Upside i backed up a few hours prior to this issue happening, downside deleted my 3rd party file!!

A.

AS LONG AS THEY ARE ABLE TO TRANSFER UR CONTACTS AT THE STORE YOU SHOULD BE FINE. You should try and back it up on ur DM. GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY B4 UR 411 IS LOST. TAKE CARE
    03-09-10 11:36 PM
    the other option to charge it would be a charging pod. and if you have the ability to connect via bluetooth you could do things that way.
    03-10-10 07:32 AM
    There are apps that will back up your contacts and, sms, pics and mail. If the port on the side is shot then I would say your 3rd party apps are gone.

These are online and should let you sync and backup-restore your data with out having to be at a pc.. Read up on them if see if any are good for you..

Google Sync for your phone
    Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ
    S4BB Limited � The Beta Program (beta)
    03-10-10 07:51 AM
    * Changed title to be more specific. *
    03-10-10 08:38 AM
    thanks yester18.

Is there anyone in the Columbus Ohio area that has one of those fabled cradles? I just need it for tonight as Sprint has ordered a replacement Tour and I should be getting it tomorrow afternoon. Also if that same person has a bluetooth capable laptop and wouldn't mind helping me to backup my 3rd party apps I would be indebted to you. BBM me, my PIN is 30C9509B

Thanks to everyone for your help
    A.

P.S. not a single store I could find carries that charging pod?cradle thingy :-(
    03-10-10 02:47 PM
    I have never seen a charging pod for the Tour in any stores let alone a charging pod for any BB for that matter. I did find my charging pod online at amazon IIRC though. I prefer charging my tour via pod over the plug any day as 1) it saves the charging port 2) it functions as a great bedside clock/alarm clock as well in the pod!!!

03-10-10 04:19 PM
    Thank you to everyone who offered aid. I managed to "throw something together" of sorts. It's amazing what you can do with an extra USB cable and some electronics knowledge LOL!! I shall be receiving a different device today at around 3pm.

Again thanks to everyone for the offered advice.

A.
    03-11-10 01:13 AM
    I had a problem with this as well for a while- my battery indicator would have the little lightning bolt on it like it was charging but nothing actually happened (battery would not charge), the clock screen would come on and everything.

It happened about 3 or 4 times since i got it in November (or october?). Batt pull seemed to work each time to fix the issue. Not sure if this is the same thing though.
    03-11-10 12:16 PM
    If your charge port needs replacement look us up! We fix them through our ebay repair listings for $38.95. Just type "blackberry charge port repair" for your ebay search and look for the listings with "PORT REPAIR" around a charge port in big red writing. Our ebay username is "its-a-pheo" We have fixed hundreds of them and complete the fix the day we receive the phone from you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all!
    06-10-10 01:50 AM
    If your charge port needs replacement look us up! We fix them through our ebay repair listings for $38.95. Just type "blackberry charge port repair" for your ebay search and look for the listings with "PORT REPAIR" around a charge port in big red writing. Our ebay username is "its-a-pheo" We have fixed hundreds of them and complete the fix the day we receive the phone from you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all!
    Do you do other phone repairs? I have an older Alltel Touch Diamond that is fully functional with a cracked screen.
    06-10-10 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD