So I went from a Storm to a Tour recently and was looking to setup some of my previous BB App World programs on the Tour and have come with an epic fail on the part of either Verizon or RIM with the WHERE program.

According to BlackBerry Application - Free GPS App for Curve, Tour, Storm & 8900 | WHERE, "The WHERE app is available on the BlackBerry Storm, Bold, Curve, Tour, and BlackBerry 8900.", yet if you look in the BB App World program (which is another HUGE failure with their latest "euro" screw up) it doesn't come up in searches.

So I went to the web version of BB App World and sent the install link to my device and it comes up with the info page in BB App World on my device and states "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier".

It seems like once again either Verizon is looking to screw it's customers out of features and applications or RIM's got their heads up their...well you get the idea.

So once again it's par for the course with BB devices and apps. No wonder people are flocking away from these devices in droves. I personally know 5 people that dropped their BB's and moved to an iPhone in the past two weeks.

Way to keep folks interested and using your devices!
    10-05-09 09:03 AM
    So once again it's par for the course with BB devices and apps. No wonder people are flocking away from these devices in droves. I personally know 5 people that dropped their BB's and moved to an iPhone in the past two weeks.

Way to keep folks interested and using your devices!
    Not sure where you are getting your information from but you are mistaken. RIM posted their Q2 results a couple weeks ago and subscribers were up 3.8 million just for the quarter. If anything people are flocking to the BB. Research In Motion Reports Second Quarter Results

Also since you mention people going to the iPhone and your post was about software specifically I suggest you do some reading on Apple and how they handle their software approval process. Google Voice anyone? There are many many articles you can find on the web about Apple seemingly arbitrarily denying apps from their app store, how about a chess app that got denied because the chat bubbles looked too much like Apples. MacRumors iPhone Blog: 'Chess Wars' App Update Rejected Over "Shiny Chat Bubbles" You are at the mercy of Apple as to what apps are available to you. Yes you can jailbreak to install any apps (which you dont need to do with the BB) but then Apple might brand you a drug dealer or terrorist Apple says iPhone jailbreak supports terrorists and drug dealers

Im not bashing the iPhone here, Im just saying the grass isn't always greener.

Im going to go hide now before Duvi finds this thread
    10-05-09 09:18 AM
    ok so maybe I should have clarified my first post by saying that I haven't looked at their financial reports for either company. Not that I really give a flying whatever about each company. I'm just going by what's going on around me and what I see. Wall Street watcher I am not.

All I'm saying is that I'm frustrated that one site says it works, and another says it doesn't. The left hand don't know what the right hand is doin.
    10-05-09 09:29 AM
    Mine also said "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier" for the pandora app. Luckily i had it in my third party apps backup and was able to restore it. I'm wondering why some of the apps are like that now with the newest bb app world?
    10-05-09 10:19 AM
    ok so maybe I should have clarified my first post by saying that I haven't looked at their financial reports for either company. Not that I really give a flying whatever about each company. I'm just going by what's going on around me and what I see. Wall Street watcher I am not.

All I'm saying is that I'm frustrated that one site says it works, and another says it doesn't. The left hand don't know what the right hand is doin.
    it's called user error. do you some research. you will figure it out.
    10-05-09 10:29 AM
    fyi...there was a thread on this just a few post below yours.

BlackBerry App World - WHERE

but poynt is better than where and still free.
    10-05-09 10:41 AM
    Mine also said "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier" for the pandora app. Luckily i had it in my third party apps backup and was able to restore it. I'm wondering why some of the apps are like that now with the newest bb app world?
    "For your carrier"

I had no problems installing Pandora for my Tour on the Sprint network.
    10-05-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD