I just ordered a replacement Tour, looks like I had a bad model - with the infamous trackball issue. Over the last week it has become worse...

My current Tour is in great condition except I have a couple of tiny scratches/dings on the chrome bezel from a small drop. This happened when I first got my phone and is not related to the trackball issue.

Will VZW have an issue with this ?

Thoughts anyone ?
    11-18-09 07:11 PM
    Issue with what? You keeping ur original Tour and taking the replacement back, or keeping the replacement? What was wrong with your original Tour?
    11-18-09 07:19 PM
    I hope to keep the replacement model when it arrives (in 2 days). My question is whether VZW will except my old one back as it has a couple of dings on the bezel ? Or will they say too bad and charge me full MSRP.
    11-18-09 07:25 PM
    Ohhhh...good question...they might charge you since u got damages on their already. What's wrong with your Tour that your getting a replacement?
    11-18-09 07:31 PM
    The current Tour has the bad trackball issue.
    11-18-09 07:34 PM
    You could say they are more wear and tear dings/scratches. No heavily noticeable - until you have a good look.

I am a corporate customer and if they give me too much grief - I will say give me old one back (if that's possible). I will then move to another carrier or go back to my old Samsung phone... It don't cost me anything to move - just my company (but they may charge me - who knows).
    11-18-09 07:38 PM
    You'll be fine, they don't expect it to look immaculate, just in good, working condition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 07:11 AM
    I have similar issue, while I have always had a screen privacy cover and rubber cover around the phone there is some obvious tiny scratches, I truly don't care what they think because they are sending me a phone that someone else already used and deemed not to be upto standard, sent back in and had the issue fixed, making it a used phone with a one year warranty again. I have received 2 replacement tours in past week, 1st one had a few tiny scratches in the case and had a rollerball that feels awesome, rolls great and made me realize mine has been a problem since new (4 months ago), I had been playing wordmole and brickbreaker for 1 day before trying to activate it just to make sure it worked good. I went to activate it and could not because it was attached to another person's acct. bummer!! They overnighted me the 2nd tour which does not have anywhere near as good of roller ball as first, has a later build date and has even more scratches. It rolls almost exactly like my current phone so I still have not made up my mind what to do at this point, do I get a 3rd replacement in 2 weeks or use it and see how it goes, either way I am not concerned about the small scratches my phone has.
    11-19-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD