I am a VZW Customer with 4 9530 swaps with vzw they offered me w new phone 1. Storm 2 or basicly any other Blackberry, I use a Program for the fire department Called I am Responding, I just asked for a tour and so far its 100% better than the storm, it is easer to use in any situation... any thought on this I looked for a thread about this and didnt find much...
    12-12-09 02:14 PM
    I also went from a Storm1 to a Tour. I went through 7 of them, all for various issues. So far, the only thing I miss is the screen space. I have had some minor issue but they were fixed by resending the service books.
    12-12-09 02:32 PM
    The Tour is leagues a head of any storm 1.... storm 1 was by far the worst phone I have ever had in my life. I cant even remember how many storms I went through...
    12-12-09 03:00 PM
    I, too, had the Storm before I got the Tour. I have never disliked a phone as I disliked that Storm. My cheekbone would put my call on mute, end the call, or put it in speakerphone mode involuntarily. It about drove me nuts! And trying to type on that virtual keyboard was very frustrating. All I can say is that I am SO enjoying my new Tour!!
    12-12-09 03:09 PM
    hey fire.fighter3 what is the program I am Responding? im also a firefighter and i have never heard of it.
    12-12-09 04:06 PM
    my dad just got rid of his storm1..
    12-12-09 05:03 PM
    I let my wife change over to a Storm yesterday, she already called me today and said she hates it. Gonna give her the Tour to use. SHe liked it when i used it as a replacement while waiting for my new Droid. I agree with her though, the Tour is a very smooth BB, the Storm is terrible.
    12-12-09 06:08 PM
    The only thing I like on the Storm 1 is now there is an official 5.0 OS for it which those of us with a Tour will probably never get. The leaked 5.0 OS are fine, but they all have some little bug in them. I love my Tour and wouldn't trade for a Storm 1 ever. I don't even think I'd go for the Storm 2 now that the Tour 2 is in the works.
    12-12-09 06:26 PM
    Took 3 calls to tech support for me to get a multi fru tour replacement for my storm. The reps said the storm 2 was what was supposed to be offered and nothing else. Thankfully I got a rep that was willing to ask a for help and got a work around for a tour. I have been through 5 since aug 15th, I hope the tour is more stable. I will miss the screen size though.
    12-12-09 06:37 PM
    The only thing I like on the Storm 1 is now there is an official 5.0 OS for it which those of us with a Tour will probably never get. .
    why do you say that? RIM has already said Tour is one of the phones with the upcoming 5.0 update
    12-12-09 06:44 PM
    I had the Storm for almost a year and I went through 3 phones. The only thing I will miss about that phone is the screen size and the YouTube app. Lol. But the tour is definitely better in many ways. Even if we don't have the 5.0 OS. I am happy with the OS it has now. The Storm almost made me rip my hair out.
    12-12-09 07:31 PM
    hey fire.fighter3 what is the program I am Responding? im also a firefighter and i have never heard of it.
    Your department has to utilize the program as well. When you get a call on your pager, you use the program on your phone and press that you are responding to a call then dispatch/station knows whos responding and who isnt. The volunteer fire uses it here. Handy Program.
    12-12-09 08:13 PM
    I used the S1 for a while and actually really liked it. Didn't really have many problems with it. It just came down to the fact that I am not a touchscreen person but prefer a qwerty. I am waiting for the day where there is a full qwerty with a touchscreen. 9900 Pluto maybe.
    12-12-09 09:26 PM
    I must agree, I have a S1 and never any problems. Running 5. and was like a different phone. However, I still favor the keyboard on my Tour.
    12-14-09 08:08 AM
    48hrs with new tour thanks to the nice tech rep from vzw and this thing is head and shoulders above my storm.

Amazingly I now have fast reliable data in my house, something I have never had with my storm for some reason. 4.7 is running very smooth, only complaint is noticeably longer time to reboot from a battery pull.

Now provided I don't start having trackball issues I am a very happy customer.

I am a storm hater now. The screen was cool, but having a functional phone that works is a much better solution.

Ok, I am off my box. Carry on.
    12-18-09 07:37 AM
    I have both. The S1 sucked before 5.0. Now it is nice. There still are apps that are better on the S1 then on the tour... And the screen size is WAY better. But I am not a big fan of touch screens...
    12-18-09 09:47 AM
    ive had both too, the tour is hands down better. went through 6 storms, i had nothing but problems with that phone
    12-18-09 01:25 PM
    ive had both too, the tour is hands down better. went through 6 storms, i had nothing but problems with that phone
    FYI I'm on my 3rd tour... and first storm... I still love the tour, but now that 5.0 is out on the storm, the huge edge that the tour had has lessened.

I've bricked my current tour 4-5 times, and finally had to go to the leaked 5.0.0.230 to get it to work again.
    12-18-09 01:51 PM
    Well we should all face the fact that there is never going to be a perfect phone. And some will be more fortunate than others. I am fortunate to have one of the good storms, but I was unfortunate to have one of the bad storms as well, having to go through 3 of them. Personally, I wasnt a fan of some of the features the 5.0 os offered. Only the faster speed and extra battery life. I didnt see many differences in apps from the Storm to the Tour, only the YouTube app was really nice. All I can say is I love the Tour, the keyboard is better, and there just arent any problems. Anyone that thinks about getting a Storm, I smack 'em.. ok not really. But yeah, no more storms lol.
    12-18-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD