The Tour is my fourth Blackberry and I have to say I am not as happy with it as I have been with my previous Blackberries. I realize that this is probably not fair...my 8830WE could not do half the things the Tour can do but overall I feel like the experience on the Tour is not as pleasant. It is frequently slow...which is getting kind of annoying...I do not want to have to wait for it to think about what I asked it to do. Anyone else feel this way?

...anyway this is just a rant after a couple of glasses of Campari.
    10-29-09 11:34 PM
    The Tour is my fourth Blackberry and I have to say I am not as happy with it as I have been with my previous Blackberries. I realize that this is probably not fair...my 8830WE could not do half the things the Tour can do but overall I feel like the experience on the Tour is not as pleasant. It is frequently slow...which is getting kind of annoying...I do not want to have to wait for it to think about what I asked it to do. Anyone else feel this way?

Trackball problems? Yes. Signal problems? Yes. Speed problems? No. That's not typical. You probably have some programs loaded that are causing problems, or you have a defective unit. These phones are very fast.
    10-29-09 11:52 PM
    Trackball problems? Yes. Signal problems? Yes. Speed problems? No. That's not typical. You probably have some programs loaded that are causing problems, or you have a defective unit. These phones are very fast.
    Hmm I do not have signal or trackball problems...the apps that are regularly running are BB Weather, BuzzMe and then the standard that you cannot get rid of: Home Screen, Messages, Phone, Browser, and BB Messenger. Would these slow it down significantly?
    10-30-09 12:02 AM
    Hmm I do not have signal or trackball problems...the apps that are regularly running are BB Weather, BuzzMe and then the standard that you cannot get rid of: Home Screen, Messages, Phone, Browser, and BB Messenger. Would these slow it down significantly?
    Oh, yeah. You bet. I've heard some complaints here and there about both of those programs. They stay open in the background and hog up resources, and may not be the best designed programs. Doesn't hurt to remove them, remove the battery for a minute, put it back in, and see how it runs.
    10-30-09 12:08 AM
    What OS are you running?
    10-30-09 12:09 AM
    Okay I will turn them off and see how it does. I have quick pull that is scheduled every morning at 5 to "simulate a battery pull." Maybe that is not the same as an actually battery pull.
    10-30-09 12:11 AM
    this phone is far from fast

it is the most sluggish bb ive used..and on the market I believe

so OP, i can relate to the annoyance of waiting for it to respond

i have over 70mb free and it still lags enough to **** me off every now and then

good thing i dont have any other problems and the device itself is rock solid
    10-30-09 12:13 AM
    What OS are you running?
    I am running 4.7.1.40...being that I have Verizon I probably wont see 5.0 for years.
    10-30-09 12:14 AM
    this phone is far from fast

it is the most sluggish bb ive used..and on the market I believe

so OP, i can relate to the annoyance of waiting for it to respond

i have over 70mb free and it still lags enough to **** me off every now and then

good thing i dont have any other problems and the device itself is rock solid
    YOURS may be the slowest BB on the market, but that doesn't mean ALL Tours are. I've had quite a few BB's and other smartphones over the years, and this is by far the fastest. Hard to imagine it being much faster, to be honest. It isn't always about how much memory you have free. Could be a bad program causing it.
    10-30-09 12:15 AM
    Okay I will turn them off and see how it does. I have quick pull that is scheduled every morning at 5 to "simulate a battery pull." Maybe that is not the same as an actually battery pull.
    Add "Quickpull" to the list of programs you have running in the background that could be causing problems.
    10-30-09 12:16 AM
    YOURS may be the slowest BB on the market, but that doesn't mean ALL Tours are. I've had quite a few BB's and other smartphones over the years, and this is by far the fastest. Hard to imagine it being much faster, to be honest. It isn't always about how much memory you have free. Could be a bad program causing it.
    true

maybe i was spoiled by the Bold because that thing blazed through menus and never was sluggish

the new curve 8520 was a solid speedster too

still lovin the tour though regardless
    10-30-09 12:17 AM
    Add "Quickpull" to the list of programs you have running in the background that could be causing problems.
    Well when I hold the BB button it does not come up as currently running...and I need that program...a reboot takes like 10 minutes on my phone...I am not going to just wait around for that nonsense.
    10-30-09 12:18 AM
    Well when I hold the BB button it does not come up as currently running...and I need that program...a reboot takes like 10 minutes on my phone...I am not going to just wait around for that nonsense.
    It has to be running somehow, or it wouldn't be able to reboot your phone at a set time every day. I really don't think you need to be rebooting your phone every day. That's sort of old thinking, back when we didn't have a phone with all the memory that the Tour has. Rebooting once a week, tops should do it.
    10-30-09 12:28 AM
    Granted this is my first BB, but I've owned several Windows based pda phones,, I am impressed with the overall speed running apps, browers....etc. Makes me wonder why there's such a reported spread on re-boot times... I know the amount of apps loading at start up will make a huge difference..but mine has yet to top 4 minutes on a battery pull re-boot,,, I feel lucky to say the least!!
    10-30-09 12:35 AM
    Slow?!? This is the fastest smoothest running phone I've ever had....AFTER some modifications to the latest OS of course. I now have a consistent 115mb free in my device memory and loads on my media card. And all the apps I need are there too. The only one that causes any issue is Livesearch auto-starting if I reboot the phone. But that's only once in a blue moon since the Tour manages it's memory so well. *heart*

Dm
    10-30-09 08:13 AM
    this Tour is the best Blackberry I have had so far!
    10-30-09 08:25 AM
    OP - it has to be your phone. Mine is super fast! I have at least 10 apps and loads on my media card and I never have any speed issues. I'm also running the original OS and still no issues at all. This phone is amazing.
    10-30-09 08:32 AM
    Yeah. I'm going to have to promote you upgrading to 5.0. Made my phone so much quicker. I guarantee you'll be happy with it. I run about 6-9 applications all at once. Not a single amount of lag or that annoying clock. Try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:34 AM
    Never had a speed issue with the Tour. It's lightning fast and I have about 25 3rd pty apps installed. Upgrade to the leaked 5.0.0.230. You will not be dissapointed.
    10-30-09 08:39 AM
    I now have a consistent 115mb free in my device memory and loads on my media card. And all the apps I need are there too.
    Are you saying that you're running apps off of your memory card?
    10-30-09 08:43 AM
    My speed is very fast to. Maybe close some programs

10-30-09 08:54 AM
    Never had a speed issue with the Tour. It's lightning fast and I have about 25 3rd pty apps installed. Upgrade to the leaked 5.0.0.230. You will not be dissapointed.
    Where can I get the leaked 5.0?
    10-30-09 10:02 AM
    berryweather kills my tour, but i keep it running because it is such an awesome app. if i need my phone to function correctly i just close it for the time being. hope they get it fixed soon...
    10-30-09 10:31 AM
    berryweather kills my tour, but i keep it running because it is such an awesome app. if i need my phone to function correctly i just close it for the time being. hope they get it fixed soon...
    berryweather=the crash you get after a energy drink

lol if that analogy makes sense! Phone used to be super fast now it lags when sending messages, answering calls, unlocking EVERYTHING!!

so pissed i spent 5$ on an app that everyone raved about, and don't get me wrong it looks nice and all but weatherbug did the same stuff and never caused an issue

and i can't justify switching back since I paid for it now
    10-30-09 10:58 AM

Hmmm.... Weird....the more Campari i drink, the faster my Tour seems !

10-30-09 01:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD