So thought i'd vent a little here. I was changing my dads tire and before I started, I remembered the thread with the poor guy whose screen was cracked from installing an air conditioner with his Tour in his pocket. So i thought, maybe I should take it out my pocket and put it on the car while I do this. Smart idea right? Long story short....I took off with the phone still on top of my car and didn't realize til I got to the gas station to fill up the spare tire with air. Not so smart. At least thats the only thing i can think of cause i damn sure remember putting it on the car but cant remember if I took it off. It's not in either my car nor my dads trunk. Just as I bitched about the $89 deductable on that guys thread, here I am faxing an affidavit form to Asurion for my replacement phone. UGH!!!!!!!!
    07-20-09 09:36 AM
    Dude, that sucks. Definitely worth a Doh!
    07-20-09 09:47 AM
    Damn that blows man!!!
    07-20-09 09:51 AM
    Sorry, that really sucks.

When my dad was a kid, his family was packing the car to leave on vacation. My dad was bringing his coin collection on the trip. He set it on the roof and forgot about it. My grandma saw it but didn't say anything, so he could learn a lesson. Pretty harsh -- but he learned not to set things on the roof!
    07-20-09 10:07 AM
    I've done that once with another cell phone a while back. Yea, doh is right!
    07-20-09 10:14 AM
    I must've drove the route to the gas station about 4 times looking on the side of the road to see if I find it. NOTHING. Not sure that the silicon case would have saved it but it woulda been nice to find. I have over 300 contacts on there. Luckily I just backed them all up to google sync the night before.
    07-20-09 10:19 AM
    I must've drove the route to the gas station about 4 times looking on the side of the road to see if I find it. NOTHING. Not sure that the silicon case would have saved it but it woulda been nice to find. I have over 300 contacts on there. Luckily I just backed them all up to google sync the night before.
    sucks but google sync ftw. it is nice knowing that my info is all backed up and available in one place if the berry would be down.
    07-20-09 10:30 AM
    If you had smartguard you probably would have been able to find it That sucks though
    07-20-09 10:53 AM
    You try calling it when you're driving back and forth to the gas station?
    07-20-09 10:54 AM
    So with Smartguard, I can locate my phone with the gps if I lose it?

Nope...didn't try calling it. It was a long drive to the gas station too. Though, i was so desperate to find it, i'm surprised i didn't think about that one.
    07-20-09 10:59 AM
    sucks but google sync ftw. it is nice knowing that my info is all backed up and available in one place if the berry would be down.
    google sync has one flaw that i found when moving to my tour.

google contacts do not have a feild for PIN, and thus will not store the information. almost makes contact syncing useless.
    07-20-09 11:02 AM
    So with Smartguard, I can locate my phone with the gps if I lose it?

Nope...didn't try calling it. It was a long drive to the gas station too. Though, i was so desperate to find it, i'm surprised i didn't think about that one.
    Ah, too bad. Sorry to hear about this. I did the same thing with a brand new fancy pants watch once. Never found it.
    07-20-09 11:06 AM
    If you happened to buy your phone with a credit card, most have 90 purchase protection on everything you buy with no deductible. I know I get 90 days with my Visa for accidental loss/damage or theft.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 11:07 AM
    Was it password protected?
    07-20-09 11:15 AM
    Reasons like this is why I decided to go ahead and get SmrtGuard. So I can either A) find it by tracking it or 2) nuke the data on it.

Of course, this implies it didn't shatter into a million pieces when physics made if fly off your roof. Hopefully it's just on silent hiding in some dark corner under your seat, heh.
    07-20-09 11:27 AM
    Nope...my phone was not password protected. Which really sucks. At this point i'm just hoping is smashed somewhere and a few cars ran over it.

I just checked out smartguard. I'm DEFINATELY getting it as soon as my replacement comes in. HOPEFULLY TOMORROW.
    07-20-09 11:47 AM
    They posted a CB discount earlier last week or before on the CB homepage. Seems the link is still live. Save yourself a few extra bucks and visit https://www.smrtguard.com/crackberry/.

I realize there are free alternatives to do backups but there are a few extra handy features and $40/yr isn't much at all. I keep my phone on silent all the time and leave it around places in the house. The audible ping feature has already saved me a few times from running late to appointments trying to track down where I put it last, lol.
    07-20-09 11:50 AM
    Reasons like this is why I decided to go ahead and get SmrtGuard. So I can either A) find it by tracking it or 2) nuke the data on it.

Of course, this implies it didn't shatter into a million pieces when physics made if fly off your roof. Hopefully it's just on silent hiding in some dark corner under your seat, heh.
    Invisible shield over here! Makes the grip a lot more 'stickier', if you will.
    07-20-09 11:52 AM
    You should definitely go to Verizon's BIS site and gmail and delete the device's profile so if someone has it, isn't continuing to see new messages or be able to send messages.
    07-20-09 12:02 PM
    They posted a CB discount earlier last week or before on the CB homepage. Seems the link is still live. Save yourself a few extra bucks and visit https://www.smrtguard.com/crackberry/.

I realize there are free alternatives to do backups but there are a few extra handy features and $40/yr isn't much at all. I keep my phone on silent all the time and leave it around places in the house. The audible ping feature has already saved me a few times from running late to appointments trying to track down where I put it last, lol.
    Thanks for the info. Saves me $5. Not bad.
    07-20-09 12:43 PM
    You should definitely go to Verizon's BIS site and gmail and delete the device's profile so if someone has it, isn't continuing to see new messages or be able to send messages.
    Thanks. Didn't even know this existed. Guess i'll enroll once the new phone gets here. Don't think i can do anything with it now. I already called verizon and transferred the phone back to my old phone til the new replacement comes in. Thanks again for the heads up on BIS.
    07-20-09 12:45 PM
    bro be happy you have the insurance...
    07-20-09 12:48 PM
    Damn, that sucks man.
    07-20-09 12:53 PM
    Thanks. Didn't even know this existed. Guess i'll enroll once the new phone gets here. Don't think i can do anything with it now. I already called verizon and transferred the phone back to my old phone til the new replacement comes in. Thanks again for the heads up on BIS.
    Here's the link:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    07-20-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD