I've been a blackberry user for a while and this is definitely the best one yet! The screen is just awesome and the feel of the product is really top notch. The OS is definitely a work in progrss but it is far better than what I was running on my work AT&T curve. The only issues I have had are:

1. takes FOREVER to reboot

and

2. My visual voicemail app is buggy - I knew it was going to be an issue after I waited 10 minutes for it to initially sign in. The worst problem with this is that after setting up my vvmail alert once, the app has now disappered from my sounds and alerts drop down, so Im stuck with my initial set up. Has anyone else seent this? After 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon, they were unable to recreate the issue on the 1 Tour the support ceter had (for 200 technical support people)

Thanks!
    07-14-09 09:36 AM
    Why are people paying 3 dollars a month for the VZW visual voice mail when you can download the YouMail app and have visual voice mail for free?
    07-14-09 09:38 AM
    I used YouMail on my curve and instantly deleted it. I thought it was very annoying and cumbersome.

Is VZW's VVM any better? I hated having a third party dealing with my voicemails.

Also, does VZW give you a free trial period?
    07-14-09 09:45 AM
    Delete it, restart and redownload it.

Call Verizon and make your Visual Voice Mail is properly added to your account, it not you'll have an issue if having the app but still getting the notification of a regular voicemail.
    07-14-09 09:55 AM
    I have deleted the app and redownloaded it twice now. I am actually receiving voicemails on it, but the alert settings are missing.

I have not found the app (after testing it for 1 day) to be annoying in any way. After the initian sign on which took a LONG time, it seems to work fine.

Now I just wish I could change the alert!
    07-14-09 09:58 AM
    +1 vote for dumping verizons vvm and signing up for youmail.com, its sweet and its free, plus you get customizable greetings
    07-14-09 10:00 AM
    +1 vote for dumping verizons vvm and signing up for youmail.com, its sweet and its free, plus you get customizable greetings
    what does the customizable greetings do? My only issue with youmail is there didn't seem to be a way to just have a computer recording do the message for me with me just saying my name (more formal for job purposes rather than making a personal message). Anyway to do this with youmail, because this is always how I have had my voice mail greeting setup?
    Last edited by davegrun; 07-14-09 at 10:04 AM.
    07-14-09 10:02 AM
    I love the visual VM on my Storm. I have not tried it on the Tour yet. I have not had any issues with it in the past.
    07-14-09 10:02 AM
    youmail.com doesn't work in Canada what do you guys recommend for Telus here in the great white north? Telus offers it for $7 or $7.50 a month, but thats just silly... Any ideas?
    07-14-09 10:05 AM
    youmail.com doesn't work in Canada what do you guys recommend for Telus here in the great white north? Telus offers it for $7 or $7.50 a month, but thats just silly... Any ideas?
    Is there a way to get free transcription on Youmail?
    07-14-09 10:30 AM
    I have a somewhat similar issue with Verizon's VVM on my Tour.

All the alert setting are there and accessible, but the LED flash option doesn't seem to work. So, I hear the chime I've set, but the LED does not flash. And since the VVM popup box seems to cancel the missed call LED, I have no visual indicator that there is a voicemail waiting for me unless I turn the screen on and see the VVM messgae icon.

Anyone else?
    07-15-09 07:12 PM
    When I try to open you mail I get the following error: Application Terminated: You Mail has been denied the "Phone" permission. Which permission do I need to change exactly to get that to go away?
    07-15-09 07:36 PM
    I have a somewhat similar issue with Verizon's VVM on my Tour.

All the alert setting are there and accessible, but the LED flash option doesn't seem to work. So, I hear the chime I've set, but the LED does not flash. And since the VVM popup box seems to cancel the missed call LED, I have no visual indicator that there is a voicemail waiting for me unless I turn the screen on and see the VVM messgae icon.

Anyone else?
    Yes. One of my Sprint users has the same no-flash issue. No answers yet. Anyone?

Tx for info!
    08-19-09 03:23 PM
    when you get a voice mail .can you it put the time and date on it?
    08-19-09 03:27 PM
    The time/date stamp appears to depend on the provider. For example, T-Mobile's voicemail application provides manual keypress availability: Pressing the 5 key plays back the call's stamp. Sprint's default is to read the time and date before the message; you can turn this off if desired. I don't know what Verizon does, but I'm sure the stamp exists.

HTH,
    JP
    08-19-09 07:49 PM
    Is there a way to get free transcription on Youmail?
    No. That's why the app should more aptly be called GUI voicemail instead of Visual Voicemail. You don't actually get speech-to-text unless you pay, which I think is about the same price as VZW's voicemail with speech-to-text.
    08-19-09 08:20 PM
    When I try to open you mail I get the following error: Application Terminated: You Mail has been denied the "Phone" permission. Which permission do I need to change exactly to get that to go away?
    Did you get this (Denied Phone Permission for YouMail Visual Voice) fixed? I am having the same problem.
    09-27-09 09:44 AM
    Ever try Google Voice? I used that as my "home" line. The voicemail is awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 09:53 AM
    Please get the tour vvm (latest) from appcenter or mobile.vzw.com. The most recent version is 1.0.4.
    10-29-09 02:24 PM
    Why are people paying 3 dollars a month for the VZW visual voice mail when you can download the YouMail app and have visual voice mail for free?

because visual voicemail from vzw is nicer and I like it better
    10-29-09 02:50 PM
    verizons has customizable greetings as well up to 10
    10-29-09 02:57 PM
    YouMail didn't work well at all for me ... I much prefer the VZW visual voice mail ... I never realized how much of a hassle it was to actually call my voice mail ...
    10-29-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD