So as most of you know I have a Verizon tour and love it. I host a radio show as my second job. A company who sponsors us is willing to provide all of my workers with Sprint BlackBerries and we will only have to pay a little each month for them.

Already paying for Verizon I pay 120 a month for one phone. So do the other people I work with. I visit a lot of rural areas that don't have Sprint, like my parents house. So, I'm not willing to ditch Verizon. But is Sprint even worth me paying the 50 dollars or whatever they want me to pay each month? It would be cool to have a business phone that isn't my personal phone and it does work where we do the radio show. I hear sprint has 4g coming too.

How does it stack up? I've had Nextel before in the past and hated it. I went to AT&T and that was the worst service I've ever had. Only 3g service was in the big cities. I got Verizon and got 3g service literally everywhere. In a town of 900 people there is full 3g rev a service.

Just using it for business that won't matter but it will take some money out of my pocket although not as much money as if I was getting it as a personal phone. My co workers are going to do it but I don't know. Something about Sprint does interest me. Seems like they are on the latest technology nowadays.

Is the Tour 2 coming to Sprint? Because I'm waiting if it is coming to Sprint. I also have the option of not taking the phone but taking a sprint line for an air card.
    02-20-10 10:48 AM
    Depends on sprint coverage in your area. I have traveled from NY to Fl.. to TN and over 30 other states and had coverage..
    I have excellent coverage where I live as well... almost always full signal..
    02-20-10 11:52 AM
    What is your zip code? PM me if you don't wanna post it here.
    02-20-10 04:59 PM
    im going with verizon wireless hands down
    02-20-10 06:45 PM
    What is your zip code? PM me if you don't wanna post it here.
    Nashville, TN. I won't put the specific zip code.
    02-20-10 07:02 PM
    I just last week went from a BB curve with ptt (nextel)and now I have the Tour with verizon and I have to say Verizon in my area just blows away nextel. nextel sevice absolutly stinks.
    Good luck,
    1st bulldog
    02-20-10 08:06 PM
    SPRINT ALL THE WAY!! soon to be the FIRST and ONLY CDMA network running 4G!!!! I GET EXCELLENT SERVICE EVERYWHERE!!!
    02-20-10 11:18 PM
    SPRINT ALL THE WAY!! soon to be the FIRST and ONLY CDMA network running 4G!!!! I GET EXCELLENT SERVICE EVERYWHERE!!!
    4G is not on the tour though
    02-20-10 11:37 PM
    4g is not on the tour though

i know but still sprints network technology is gonna be 3g/4g!! What other company can say that!!! Nobody but... Sprint!!!!!! :d
    02-20-10 11:48 PM
    I had verizon for the past 7 years before recently changing to sprint in november. Had the tour with verizon and now have the tour with sprint. My wife wanted a blackberry and I didn't want to pay $200+ dollars a month for two blackberries with VZW. So that's why I changed to sprint.

I must say I am extremely happy with sprint. I pay almost $80 less a month with sprint for the same services (you can't beat their Any Time Any Mobile Plan). Also, the sprint tour just seems to be better built. No problems whatsoever with my trackball, or a loose battery door like I had with my verizon one. The signal is also much better. I live in a non-3G area with sprint. Hate to say it but regular 1X speed with sprint is just as fast, if not faster than my verizon tour with 3G. Seriously.

I'm completely satisfied with Sprint...much to my own disbelief.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 01:41 AM
    Just look at the Sprint homepage, push Coverage, put in your zip, and see if it will cover where you need to go. Keep in mind the Tour gets excellent reception in slightly dead zones.
    02-21-10 02:40 AM
    sprint!! you'll be saving a TON!!!
    02-21-10 03:00 AM
    Definitely go with Sprint, you'll be saving a lot, plus..you can roam on Verizon's network at no additional cost (This includes 1X Data as well) Just make sure your voice plan includes free domestic roaming.

Only caveat: Do not use more than half of your total minutes roaming on Verizon...in other words....don't roam too much or Sprint will drop you like a bad habit.

Sprint's 3G is also fast, and reliable..I've had them for years, never had a single issue...definitely recommendable.
    02-21-10 09:26 AM
    Verizon is the king of Carriers... nothign comes close to Verizon. Sprint is a little guy trying to be big... Sprint is like a little Yorkie trying to be a Rot!
    02-21-10 09:28 AM
    My wife, her sister, and my bro-in-law all had Sprint/Nextel. I got so tired of them just dropping out of calls, I actually told them to stop calling me. When their plans were up they all came to VZW. Hardly have issues now.
    02-21-10 10:12 AM
    I would have to say Sprint. I had Verizon for a couple of years and hated their customer service. Plus where I live, I had no Verizon service, and the surrounding areas were intermittent. I switch to sprint and the only place in the past year that I have not gotten service was a bath and body works store which was built under a mall surrounded by concrete.

Also my VZW bill was $260 every month, for 2 blackberries and an LG Env. I have 3 blackberries on Sprint and my bill is and has been right around $150 a month for the same features.
    02-21-10 10:27 AM
    Verizon all the way! Best coverage wherever I go. With Sprint I had tons of dropped calls and general unreliability.
    02-22-10 12:41 PM
    So sick of Verizon peeps crying about all these dropped calls on Sprint. I had more dropped calls and poor customer service when I was with Verizon then I've ever had with Sprint. Do u Verizon people know that when your on Sprint and not in Sprint coverage the phone picks up whatever coverage is available? Free Roaming. Free Mobile 2 Mobile. FYI I pay $82 a month for 2 BB's and 1500 minutes on Sprint... on Big red? probs over $160 easy... People don't like Sprint cuz it's not the cool kid at school but for me I could care less...
    02-22-10 01:13 PM
    You couldnt pay me enough money to Join Sprint again. That company was worse then when I had AT&T with the loss of signal and dropped calls from Sprint.. never again..
    02-22-10 01:16 PM
    Verizon is going to be 4G later this yr. They have it test marketed in a couple of cities right now. I have had Verizon for YEARS and nothing beats them. You can check your current plan with them and see if the new plans they have will save you.
    As for coverage you get what you pay for and I would never leave Verizon. Their coverage surpasses all the carriers. Also, you can have an air card with them for your laptop as well. I have had it for the past 6 yrs and I like it a lot. I would check these things out. WHY PAY FOR TWO PHONES ? If you were to leave that 2nd job you would still be liable for the phone service. I would stay with Verizon and not make the switch or have the extra cost of another phone. You are with the best hands down in my opinion. But it is your choice. And to those who think the Tour is better on Sprint........the device comes from RIM

BTW Sprint is having issues with their 5.0 OS on the Tour Verizon will release it when all the bugs are out of it. Verizon also spends a lot of money quarterly on their network. They are always updating their sites to provide the best possible service in every way for their customers.
    02-22-10 01:26 PM
    BTW Sprint is having issues with their 5.0 OS on the Tour Verizon will release it when all the bugs are out of it. Verizon also spends a lot of money quarterly on their network. They are always updating their sites to provide the best possible service in every way for their customers.
    Do u use a Sprint Tour with 5.0 OS? If not keep your mouth shut because your speaking from others info not your own. If so, then I'm sorry. I have a Sprint Tour with 5.0 and it works fine.
    Last edited by Draino3112; 02-22-10 at 03:03 PM.
    02-22-10 03:00 PM
    What don't people understand. Just because you have Sprint does not mean you don't get Verizon's coverage. (sounds weird but listen) Where I work Sprint does not have coverage (in the woods of NH) but does have Verizon. Do I go without my cell phone because of this? NO. My Sprint phone roams on Verizons network free of charge to me and works just fine. So the argument about Verizons great coverage compared to Sprint to me is crap, because even thou I have Sprint it allows me the option of tapping into this "VAST" Big Red coverage for 1/2 the cost.
    02-22-10 03:12 PM
    I think you ALL are dumb as chit. Why do you think there's a thing such as cell phone tower sharing amongst providers? UNLESS that coversion hasn't made it to your area yet, if you have coverage on VZW, you'll have coverage on pretty much anything else, UNLESS you're T-Mobile on GSM, PERIOD.

For those of you complaining, i've been on sprint, and i'm on Vzw now, go ANYWHERE in your state that's a KNOWN DEAD SPOT for all carriers, find out if ANYONE has coverage, simple fix. If nobody has coverage, it's NOBODY'S FAULT. The towers are owned by the masses now so it doesn't make any difference on what provider you have. What DOES make the difference is the radio file in your phone and how well it can interpret another carrier's signal. Get a clue boneheads.
    02-22-10 03:26 PM
    Check the sprint.com's coverage map. It is honest and if they don't have a signal in a location they show it which is a plus. It boils down to the area you live in.
    02-22-10 03:27 PM
    Why pay more for less with Verizon? Sprint FTW.
    02-22-10 04:10 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD