Kevin Byrne posted over at HoFo this morning that the Tour will be released on Verizon on July 13th.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official BlackBerry Tour 9630 Pre-release Thread

Knowing Kevin's reputation for solid information regarding Blackberry release dates, along with the fact that he posted a specific date instead of just something like "mid-summer" or "July," I feel that we can trust this date as accurate.

Tour
    Verizon
    July 13th
    05-07-09 07:13 AM
    Hopefully this is true. Now how long till its not buggy? I have an upgrade in october. Will it be good by then?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 07:16 AM
    That would be fantastic!
    05-07-09 07:24 AM
    awesome. looks like im spending retail. ugh. lol
    05-07-09 07:26 AM
    well i hope this is true!
    05-07-09 07:30 AM
    Hopefully this is true. Now how long till its not buggy? I have an upgrade in october. Will it be good by then?

Full qwerty bb on cdma are always rock solid... This device will be the same, the storm has given BB a black eye with Verizon customers but never forget that BB is known for stability.
    05-07-09 07:44 AM
    FINALLY!!! Can't wait!
    05-07-09 08:00 AM
    WOOT!!!!!! when is the pre orders starting???

And how much again is it going to cost with a two year contract?
    05-07-09 08:09 AM
    Full qwerty bb on cdma are always rock solid... This device will be the same, the storm has given BB a black eye with Verizon customers but never forget that BB is known for stability.
    Ok that's what I kinda thought but thanks for your help

05-07-09 08:25 AM
    Sounds good. Hopefully Verizon makes this official soon, then I'll mark it on the calender. Not yet.
    05-07-09 08:26 AM
    It's down in my calendar. Please let this date be true.
    05-07-09 08:44 AM
    Kevin Byrne posted over at HoFo this morning that the Tour will be released on Verizon on July 13th.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official BlackBerry Tour 9630 Pre-release Thread

Knowing Kevin's reputation for solid information regarding Blackberry release dates, along with the fact that he posted a specific date instead of just something like "mid-summer" or "July," I feel that we can trust this date as accurate.

Tour
    Verizon
    July 13th
    nice first post. or is it...............
    05-07-09 08:53 AM
    Anyone else able to load up the link? I keep getting page load errors.

I agree, this would be great if it becomes reality. Although, I will end up paying retail.
    05-07-09 08:56 AM
    Google cache of the website shows an updated post from Kevin stating the "date has been pushed back slightly. Now looks like early to mid August. "
    05-07-09 09:01 AM
    Anyone else able to load up the link? I keep getting page load errors.

I agree, this would be great if it becomes reality. Although, I will end up paying retail.
    Page works fine here but here is a copy of the post

Today, 05:24
    kevin byrne

Phone Expert Phone(s):
    1: vzw insider extraordinaire
    2:
    3: I may not post much, but when I do, my word is my bond
    Provider(s):

7-13-2009
    05-07-09 09:03 AM
    8530 and 9630 will be released this summer for sure.
    05-07-09 09:09 AM
    For myself, as well as others, there are 2 issues:

1. When will the 9630 come out on Verizon, and
    2. How long until all the "bugs," if any, are taken out.

Many are aware that Storm owners had (still have?) problems with their Storm device, but, from what I understand, the 9630 will not, or at least should not, have similar types of issues given that it is not a touchscreen. That having been said, no device is perfect at launch, so I would think that there would be some bugs to kink out.

Based on the foregoing, I am contemplating purchasing a used 8330 for now and probably keep it a month or two (or more if necessary) until the reviews establish that the phone has little or no bugs.
    05-07-09 09:09 AM
    For myself, as well as others, there are 2 issues:

1. When will the 9630 come out on Verizon, and
    2. How long until all the "bugs," if any, are taken out.

Many are aware that Storm owners had (still have?) problems with their Storm device, but, from what I understand, the 9630 will not, or at least should not, have similar types of issues given that it is not a touchscreen. That having been said, no device is perfect at launch, so I would think that there would be some bugs to kink out.

Based on the foregoing, I am contemplating purchasing a used 8330 for now and probably keep it a month or two (or more if necessary) until the reviews establish that the phone has little or no bugs.
    I would purchase the 8330 if you have never used a blackberry before.. you might find it doing everything you want it to do and no real need to buy the 9630.. just a suggestion since it will save you a lot of money
    05-07-09 09:16 AM
    Google cache of the website shows an updated post from Kevin stating the "date has been pushed back slightly. Now looks like early to mid August. "
    Not there on the actual site, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen. Which is why, as I said, this is not going on my calender.
    05-07-09 09:18 AM
    Agreed. The 8330 has been stable since Day 1. I believe the 9630 will be just as stable.
    05-07-09 09:21 AM
    Agreed. The 8330 has been stable since Day 1. I believe the 9630 will be just as stable.
    Stable isnt exactly the correct word... less buggy then other alternatives.. the 8330 still has that nasty memory leak in it... but ya hopefully the 9630 will be like the curve and not like the bold... I wish they would hurry up with OS 5.0...
    05-07-09 09:25 AM
    Stable isnt exactly the correct word... less buggy then other alternatives.. the 8330 still has that nasty memory leak in it... but ya hopefully the 9630 will be like the curve and not like the bold... I wish they would hurry up with OS 5.0...
    my 8330 doesn't have a memory leak
    05-07-09 09:28 AM
    8330 is a rock solid device. I expect the 9630 will be the exact same if not even better. RIM makes quality devices (not the most expensive materials) but theyre solid.
    05-07-09 09:30 AM
    my 8330 doesn't have a memory leak
    You never have to do a battery pull because it is slowing down or freezing a lot?
    05-07-09 09:39 AM
    You never have to do a battery pull because it is slowing down or freezing a lot?
    I do a battery pull for fun about once a month. It never freezes. I do use auto-off/on every night. I'm using 4.5.0.77 if that matters.
    05-07-09 09:43 AM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD