Just a quick heads up to those that are having trouble with the Verizon tour on T-mobile with the edge not locking on to EDGE. I struggled with this for 3 or 4 days. I finally got it to stay on capital Edge by wiping the device and installing the 4.2 hybrid by irtehun's. After shrinking and installing the hybrid, go into the Blackberry Java folder (C, program files, common, Research In Motion, shared, 9630 operating system, Java) Make a new folder, find the bb browser daemon file, cut and paste it into the new folder that you just created. Hit the back key until you get to the screen where it says apploader. Open that and click on the apploader exe file. After you click that and get to the install screen, click install, it will the ask you if you want to back uo the device data. Click no (do a full back up on desktop manager first befor beginning this whole process). Let the install go through the process. When it says complete, wait for the Tour to reboot. After reboot, go into the Desktop manager and click on Backup and Restore. Click advanced. Click on file, open, then find the T-Mobile service books that you have downloaded. Highlight the service book and click on the arrows pointing to the Blackberry files on the right. After the service books are installed, minimize the Desktop Manager. Go back into the Java File that you made the new folder and moved your browser to. Open the new folder, select the browser file, cut it and paste back into where you moved it from. Delete the new folder that you created. Now, close out of the Java folder. Go back to the Desktop manager, go to the application loader. Select it and let it install. It will put the browser back on the Tour. With the T-Mobile service books installed, the browser will default to the T-Mobile browser. Once that completes, the device will reboot and you should be good to go. Make sure the Tour is set to GSM/UMTS only and 2g 3g is selected. When your phone reboots with the T-Mobile sim card in it, it will say on the screen that a sim card has been detected, do you want for the device to automatically connect to available wireless networks, select no. I tried this procedure several times before installing the hybrid operating system and couldn't get everything to work right. Make sure you wipe the device before doing any of this! Everything works perfect, all programs installed work perfect. Sorry to be so long winded, I just know there are a lot of users on here that have been having the same problem with no solution. Hope this helps.
    08-15-09 10:20 AM
    I have an unlocked Verizon BB TOUR and a AT&T sims with bb data plan, but I am having trouble getting them to work together, especially with the EDGE/edge situation.
    Followed your instruction step by step. I got EDGE to stay on for the browser and facebook software. But as soon as I open up ESPN or Pandora or any media apps, including WAP browser (MEdia Net), it switches back to edge immediately. I figured there's something wrong with my APN setting, so I did this:

APN: wap.cingular

Username: [email protected]

Password: CINGULAR1

well, that didnt help. So I redid the process, but with CrackUtil this time. Still got nothing. Any suggestion?

On another note, I am receiving emails but am unable to send out any. It says "No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft" everytime I try to reply. Then I realize I am missing the separate email files that I had before ([email protected], that is separate from Messages). What should I do here?

Please help! I am desperate to get my TOUR to work properly!
    Last edited by ngan7487; 08-26-09 at 10:04 AM.
    08-26-09 09:45 AM
    Embroidit, looks like u have no problem at all on using tour with tmobile. could u please help me out?
    i just bought the tour 2 days ago, spent hours and hours just trying to be able to make a phone call. cos it wont make or get any calls even tho i already unlocked it. called tmobile reps, they couldnt help at all. and i followed all of the instructions on the settings, set it to gsm, 2g and so on. still cant use it.
    please help me out.. thankss
    10-28-09 12:13 AM
    where do i get the hybrid
    01-10-10 12:08 PM
    I have the same problem with my Blackberry Tour 9630 but with a Verizon Wireless as the carrier. Please assist.
    04-20-10 12:32 PM
    hello im a newbie too,
    have you guys tried the ##000000 code an removing all the old numbers an put in your number in there it will master reset.
    Oh i can not get pandora to work it keeps saying not enough data??? but i have the bb plan
    04-21-10 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD