Hi,

I've been having a problem with my Tour that I noticed a couple of days ago. The volume control buttons on the upper right side of the phone are selectively working, as in, they work when and if they so choose. It seems to work consistently when I adjust the volume during a phone call, but when I'm playing any kind of media, it seems that I have to hit the button 2-3 times to get it to move one volume "bar." Also, sometimes when I lower the volume, it'll reset the video or song that I'm playing back to the beginning (and I am 100% positive that I'm not accidentally hitting any other buttons).

Any idea what's going on? I'm running Sprint's official .484 (I had to downgrade from .624 because of the browser click issue). Thank you!!!!!
    08-28-10 02:54 AM
    The volume buttons with media act like this: a quick press yields a change in volume, but holding it for even a split second too long will make it want to switch to the next or previous song if you're in the media player. I believe you can lower your keyboard repeat rate settings to lower the sensitivity of this. Options/screen/keyboard settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 06:59 AM
    Thank you!!! I did look into that, but my husband also has this phone and his does not have this problem (all the settings are the same and I'm making sure to press the keys in the exact same manner). Is the setting you're referring to is Options > Screen/Keyboard > "Key Rate" ?
    08-28-10 11:34 AM
    Yes. That also changes the sensitivity of the menu button as well as the keyboard itself in addition to the volume controls...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD