Hey.
    I've had mine since day 3. I've already returned the first one as within 10 days, the trackball ceased functioning even remotely when moving horizontally. Now the second one is doing exactly the same thing.
    The first one also stopped display dimming, had severe shorting in the earpiece plug that caused the media player to pause and interrupted phone calls while using the supplied earbud set.

Second phone, reluctantly supplied by a Verizon store, as of yesterday, stopped passing email. I've spent over 7 hours either on the phone with Verizon and Blackberry or in the store. Today, Blackberry sat on the phone with me while I reinstalled the operating system at their request. This didn't do anything but waste a great deal of time.

What are the odds of two phones having trackball problems, and is anyone else having this problem?
    Thx,
    j
    08-11-09 08:49 PM
    I recommend a search.

It's completely random.

Personally? I got mine on day 1--no problems. I just recently got my wife a Tour. She had trackball issues. I would say though that there are way better odds than my 50-50 experience. It's truthfully random. If it doesn't meet your expectations all I can say is return/exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by revolutionary_3; 08-11-09 at 08:56 PM.
    08-11-09 08:53 PM
    I 've found the early devices always seem to be riskier than after a few months, so it's definitely possible.
    08-11-09 08:53 PM
    My phone has been flawless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 09:37 PM
    is anyone else having this problem?
    Thx,
    j
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/po...operly-290872/

Read my latest reply on the thread. Verizon has sent some defective devices to RIMM for troubleshooting. I confirmed that this is a warranty item under the 1 year warranty. Software *could* fix it, in which case everyone will be happy when it's released. If hardware is required, you're covered too.

Some people here have swapped Tours for new ones under the 30 day Worry Free guaranty. The problem here is that you run the risk of having the same problem, other problems, or a combination of both.
    08-11-09 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD