On my 2nd phone in less than 1 month, horrible left/right trackball response. I've "watched" a video on youtube on how to replace the trackball (wow could they have made it any harder?? WTF Rim?). Anyone done this before? I've emailed someone who replaced it with a white trackball (from a Bold maybe?) and swears its great now.

There are like 4-5 micro connectors to undo (and then redo) in taking apart the entire phone to get to the trackball, and it voids the warranty i know. But the trackball is so annoyingly bad im willing to risk it.
    09-05-09 10:36 AM
    another trackball thread sweet
    09-05-09 10:40 AM
    There is a thread even on the main page right now actually on this subject. I've seen a few people post on the forums that have done it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 10:40 AM
    Did you try talking to your carrier and getting it exchanged? I changed my trackball to a black one on my Bold and it wasn't very hard jus have to be careful! I've never done a Tour but it shouldn't be much different from the Bold...just watch lots of videos
    09-05-09 10:43 AM
    On my 2nd phone in less than 1 month, horrible left/right trackball response. I've "watched" a video on youtube on how to replace the trackball (wow could they have made it any harder?? WTF Rim?). Anyone done this before? I've emailed someone who replaced it with a white trackball (from a Bold maybe?) and swears its great now.

There are like 4-5 micro connectors to undo (and then redo) in taking apart the entire phone to get to the trackball, and it voids the warranty i know. But the trackball is so annoyingly bad im willing to risk it.
    Does Bell have a 30 day return policy? If so, and it still applies to you, then I'd really suggest just asking for a new replacement. Why void your warranty and potentially do more damage to your phone, right?
    09-05-09 11:53 AM
    I am also on my 2nd Tour from Verizon. First one had keyboard issues, and this one has the same trackball issues.

I'm not going to change it out, I am going to exchange it and make them give me a new one. A phone this expensive and new shouldn't require replacement parts this soon IMO.
    09-05-09 12:28 PM
    I would just call Tech support it is a known issue I just did it yesterday and the guy was really helpful. They will send a replacement no problem.
    09-05-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD