I was waiting for the OS fix they keep saying is coming and finally gave up and went out to the verizon again. Without hesitation they gave me a new phone after seeing the trackball issues. This one is great. Trackball is flawless and the battery door even stopped vibrating. Dont wait for the OS people, they are just trying to get you out of the store when they say that. How can to tours be running the same OS and one works perfectly while the other does not? Ill tell you how its the hardware. There was a bad batch and they are trying to get people to not return them. My opinion. Either way go get a new one.
    08-25-09 05:04 PM
    I pressed the silver ring that's around the trackball and that fixed it, works perfect :-)
    08-25-09 05:08 PM
    My trackball issues are so slight, I have a feeling that I would get laughed out of the store.

That said, if there is a software problem, I truly believe that I might be a candidate. It only has issues if I put medium to heavy pressure on the trackball. Then, the left-right movement gets wonky.
    08-25-09 05:08 PM
    My trackball issues are so slight, I have a feeling that I would get laughed out of the store.

That said, if there is a software problem, I truly believe that I might be a candidate. It only has issues if I put medium to heavy pressure on the trackball. Then, the left-right movement gets wonky.
    I had the same deal. It only got bad with major pressure. But I still went to VZW and got my green dot tour well out of my 30 days!
    08-25-09 05:18 PM

I had the same issues twice. The first time I did it over the phone and recieved one that did the exact same thing. I just got back from the store with number 3 and it works perfect. Whether true or not, the Rep stated they had an entire batch that was recalled from the store inventories, she had no issues replacing mine and never even verified I was having a problem. Just took my word for it and wrapped it up in the box and gave me the new one.
    08-25-09 05:23 PM
    I am on my second Tour and the trackball works alot better, but it still sucks. It jumps all over the screen in the broswer, and is very odd in Brickbreaker.

I think RIM just made a poor quality trackball. I have heard that they replaced it in the next batch of Tours, but I don't know if that is true.

Either way, RIM needs to do a recall on the Tour trackball. Epic fail.
    Last edited by dusteater; 08-25-09 at 05:37 PM.
    08-25-09 05:25 PM
    I'm on my 3rd since Launch date and the current one I just got was a Greed Dot and so far to date it is working flawlessly. I have had zero problems with the Trackball and the battery cover door is now secure no longer loose. I'm very satisfied I still see a bit of a lag, but I assume the new OS when it gets released will fix this.
    08-25-09 06:04 PM
    I am about to go pick up my 2nd from the Fedex place. What is the "green dot" Tour and how do I know if my new one is one once I pick it up?
    08-25-09 06:30 PM
    I am about to go pick up my 2nd from the Fedex place. What is the "green dot" Tour and how do I know if my new one is one once I pick it up?
    id like to know this as well.
    08-25-09 06:48 PM
    I was waiting for the OS fix they keep saying is coming and finally gave up and went out to the verizon again. Without hesitation they gave me a new phone after seeing the trackball issues. This one is great. Trackball is flawless and the battery door even stopped vibrating. Dont wait for the OS people, they are just trying to get you out of the store when they say that. How can to tours be running the same OS and one works perfectly while the other does not? Ill tell you how its the hardware. There was a bad batch and they are trying to get people to not return them. My opinion. Either way go get a new one.
    Mos definitely. I had hella problems with my first phones trackball then when i exchanged it, it was like a whole new piece or something.. n it works perfectly. I hated having to "feather" the *******.. n I couldn't even play brickbreaker because of it. Its probably just a manufacturing defect.
    08-25-09 07:42 PM
    id like to know this as well.
    There will be a green dot on the UPC label.
    08-25-09 08:03 PM
    I just received my 4th Tour today via UPS. My first was stolen, and the 2nd and 3rd had trackball problems. I don't know if this 4th one is a "green dot" one due to the fact that I've been dealing with insurance and not Verizon directly, but this one has been flawless. Trackball works great and battery door doesn't budge. Is there a way to check on the build date on a phone that wasn't delivered in a green dot box? This one came in the white sleeve/black blackberry box with everything included. This Tour is from Canada 1.
    08-25-09 08:36 PM
    I replaced the trackball on mine and the little concave contact that is taped underneath the trackball with one from my old pearl and the phone has been mint since. I wish I knew they had a new run of phones that corrected these issues before I voided my warranty and performed surgery!!
    08-25-09 08:41 PM
    I just received my 4th Tour today via UPS. My first was stolen, and the 2nd and 3rd had trackball problems. I don't know if this 4th one is a "green dot" one due to the fact that I've been dealing with insurance and not Verizon directly, but this one has been flawless. Trackball works great and battery door doesn't budge. Is there a way to check on the build date on a phone that wasn't delivered in a green dot box? This one came in the white sleeve/black blackberry box with everything included. This Tour is from Canada 1.
    The build date if your phone will be on the UPC label, iirc. It's in DDMMYYYY format. Example, today would be listed as: 25082009

Some have repotted it's in MMDDYYYY format, though.
    08-25-09 08:44 PM
    Just got my first today from Sprint. Made in Mexico 5, build date 8/11/09
    08-25-09 10:15 PM
    I replaced the trackball on mine and the little concave contact that is taped underneath the trackball with one from my old pearl and the phone has been mint since. I wish I knew they had a new run of phones that corrected these issues before I voided my warranty and performed surgery!!

i have an old at&t bb curve. can i take out the trackball from the old bb curve and put that in my verizon bb tour?
    08-25-09 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD