I currently have BB Storm and the keyboard is giving me fits again and Im tired of dealing with it. My wife is up for an upgrade and beings she's perfectly happy with her phone she said to go ahead and use hers. I'm not sure if this is going to help but I text ALLOT and with these big thumbs I'd like to get something thats easy to text on.

Is the Tour that much better of a phone, is it actually worth the upgrade?

Thanks in advance
    08-29-09 11:54 AM
    I like my sisters Storm, but I wanted the Qwerty keyboard. I upgraded to the Tour from my 8830 WE and have been totally happy. It's everything the very capable 8830 was and more.

Also.....I haven't had the first issue with my Tour. Am I lucky? Maybe it has more to do with the fact that you only hear of the "issues".
    08-29-09 12:00 PM
    My husband and I both had storms. I finally bit the bullet and got the tour a few days ago. I AM IN LOVE. I was a Curve owner until June. As cool as the touch screen was... I missed my keyboard. I thought I'd have a big problem losing the big screen, but to me the resolution of the tours screen makes up for it. I can read small writing on the webpages easier with the tour than I could with my Storm. MUCH MUCH MUCH better for websurfing which was a nightmare for me on my Storm. I had finally gotten better at texting on the Storm but after I saw how BEAUTIFUL the screen on the Tour was... and the keyboard to boot... I shelled out and paid FULL PRICE for a Tour and couldn't be happier. My husband still loves his Storm so I guess its just a personal preference. I say go to the store and play with it. That made my mind up for me...
    08-29-09 12:01 PM
    08-29-09 12:01 PM
    If you're asking if the Tour is better than the Storm.....I feel that they are different devices. That makes it hard to compare. Against another Qwerty keyboard BlackBerry.....it's tops.

Much like an iPhone, the Storm is cool, but it's not what I look for. The touch screen is, IMO, the only cool factor that the Storm has over the Tour. Still....I don't like typing on the touch screen.
    Last edited by jabo052; 08-29-09 at 12:04 PM.
    08-29-09 12:02 PM
    I Also Have Huge Fingers And I Just Got Rid Off My Storm For The Tour And Txting Is As Easy As Ever. The Screen Might Be Smallerbut I Adjusted To That Alot Quicker Than I Thought I Would. Not Saying That The Storm Was A Bad Phone At All I Loved Mine. But The Tour Has More Memory And It Has A Physical Keyboard Which Is Why I Mad The Switch
    08-29-09 02:14 PM
    the tour is a work horse and does what blackberry's do best..

there heavy messaging devices..

the storm was RIMS first attempt at a media device its hard to keep that in mind at times..

if communication is your thing then the tour will be a good fit...

if you want movies and internet browsing the storm is good..

just my thoughts..
    08-29-09 03:27 PM
    The Tour is by far the best CDMA Blackberry on the market right now. Its a beast! Never have to worry about memory either on the Tour since it has double the amount of memory then the storms.

you can type a lot faster on a Tour then you can on a Storm

getting rid of the Storm for the Tour was the best move i ever made when it comes to phones
    08-29-09 04:23 PM
    This is no brainer, it's surprising how many people are skeptical to believe the Tour is better than the Storm. I know people who don't have Blackberry devices at all, and THOSE people know that the Storm isn't worth owning. You'll be happy with the Tour, just get it!
    08-29-09 06:37 PM
    I love mine...
    08-29-09 06:41 PM
    Come on over to the Tour side. Its great. I had a Storm once upon a time. I Sold it and now I have the blessed ole Tour. No redrets what so ever. My wife regrets me ever getting a BB. lol
    08-29-09 06:48 PM
    The Tour has really helped me with productivity because it forwards all my email without me obsessively wasting time checking it. It's not a "popular mp3 player" but it works for me since listen to podcasts a lot.
    One MAJOR gripe is that I cannot get it to work with the Outlook Live Mail that my school switched over to ([email protected]) and it's driving me nuts. The official BB site suggested forwarding the school mail to another POP account and then to my BB but I would rather direct mail access. It dosen't even work through the BB browser. I'm still searching for an easy solution.
    08-30-09 09:49 PM
    I prefer it over my Bold. Nuff said.
    08-30-09 09:58 PM
    Why Are You Typing Like This? Lol.

I Also Have Huge Fingers And I Just Got Rid Off My Storm For The Tour And Txting Is As Easy As Ever. The Screen Might Be Smallerbut I Adjusted To That Alot Quicker Than I Thought I Would. Not Saying That The Storm Was A Bad Phone At All I Loved Mine. But The Tour Has More Memory And It Has A Physical Keyboard Which Is Why I Mad The Switch
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 10:18 PM
    I've had the Pearl, Storm, and now the tour. It's a given that the Tour is a better device. The only thing I had to get accustomed to was the smaller buttons... kind of wish it was a Tour with the Curve's buttons... other than that, it's a phenomenal device...
    08-30-09 10:22 PM
    A lot of ppl think the keyboard is too small on the Tour...personally, it works great for me. Then again, its a lot like the World keyboard and I think the World is the greatest phone ever.

I do think its worth the upgrade, imo
    08-30-09 11:05 PM
    Hello,

I love my Tour as well but have some questions. What is the best way to:

- "automatically" back up my contacts (names, phone numbers and email addresses) on a daily basis (on my old Voyager I used Get It Now, it was great)?

-is anyone else having problems trying to do the google sync with the Tour?

-is anyone having problems getting Vlingo Plus to work on Tour?

Thanks...

Tommy
    08-31-09 01:12 AM
    There are apps to backup wirelessly your contacts. One of the newest that was featured on CrackBerry's front page is iDrive. Blog about it here: http://crackberry.com/idrive-allows-...-contacts-free

I haven't used it personally, I just backup using Desktop Manager.
    Last edited by danoh; 08-31-09 at 01:20 AM.
    08-31-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD