help! its been 5 hours. and my tour is still updating. i decided to try the official VZW release again and it all used desktop manager to put it on.

well, it all went smooth, till it got to the last step, restore device data. its half way done and says Database: Messages. and its been sitting on that step for about 4 hours now...... and hasn't moved.

what can i do?????????

what if i unplug? will i just loose contacts and messages and what not? what can i do? this blows!!!!

thanks all!
    04-16-10 08:05 PM
    I've had this happen before, and it's kind of spooky, but I've unplugged and plugged it back in and all was well. Since the jvm is already installed, I think that your chances of bricking are slim.

Worst case scenario is that you would have to wipe and start over. If I were you I'd wait until more people chime in before deciding.

Edit: let us know how it turns out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by travelingfool; 04-16-10 at 08:28 PM.
    04-16-10 08:15 PM
    I would have to agree. It appears as if the OS is loaded and it is just trying to restore data. I would disconnect and then allow the phone to boot. If it comes up, try a restore and see if it won't complete.
    04-16-10 08:19 PM
    well, that was really really really odd.............

i unplugged, and it was alreay fully booted. went thru all setup carp taht shows up. and all my contacts were there. my address book. email accoutns, everything. only thing was i lost the last 5 days of emails on there. but not a big deal, there was nothing inportant in there and everything is duplicated on the actual account....

that was really weird..... i couldn't believe the phone was fully rebooted and everything. homescreen popped up the second i unplugged, but, best as i can tell. no data lost......

that was just odd.....

well, crisis adverted.... thanks for the help all...
    04-16-10 08:36 PM
    You're welcome. I'm glad it worked out.

04-16-10 08:40 PM
    Should be able to restore your messages by going into DM and backup/restore and Advanced and selecting your last backup file and selecting the email or messages (I forget which at the moment) item to restore.

04-17-10 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD