It is a shame that VZW is releasing the BB 8530 this month with a higher OS than their top of the line Tour. WTF?
    C'mon Verizon, show us some love!
    11-05-09 11:25 AM
    I know it's ridiculous. I installed the leaked 5.0 after having to reinstall stuff multiple times with 4.7. You'll probably end up switching to 5.0 too if the official isn't released soon. Just give it time
    11-05-09 11:29 AM
    Seems like the Tour has fewer pertinent issues that need to be hastily remedied by a few bug fixes in a 5.0 OS. I believe that once the wave of Storm 2 acquisitions begin to wane, the attention should return to upgrading the Tour.

I'm lucky enough to have a 9630 free of the major issues that pockmark these forums, so I'll be patient and appreciate what I've got while I've got it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 11:33 AM
    Patients is a virtue, it's coming...

11-05-09 11:42 AM
    You know...I am 99.9% error free at this point too. The only problem is a partial bluetooth problem. On my Moto T305 speaker-set, my wife hears me fine when I call the home phone. I seem to have the volume problem only when calling another cell phone user.

But then the lightbulb (for me) went off......I was making a call to a friend yesterday and I had volume issues....so I put on the speaker and he could hear me much better. But I had a hard time hearing just because of the orientation of the little speaker port while it rests in my car, etc.....That's when the bulb got light.....

I have a cassette deck in my car and a cassette adapter. I plugged it in and I could hear him just fine over the car speakers while he heard me just fine over the microphone....
    11-05-09 11:43 AM
    The tour will definitely get 5.0. 8530 however is not slated to ship with 5.0 may get it at a lter date.
    11-05-09 11:58 AM
    Patients is a virtue, it's coming...

patience is a virtue

Patients are people being treated at hospitals.
    11-05-09 12:02 PM
    LOL.
    patience is a virtue
    Patients are people being treated at hospitals.
    11-05-09 12:06 PM
    The tour will definitely get 5.0. 8530 however is not slated to ship with 5.0 may get it at a lter date.
    Then why is 5.0 on it in the Crackberry review? The review states that that unit had .234, but released units would probably have a higher version.
    11-05-09 12:31 PM
    Y fix something that isn't broke? Just be content.

11-05-09 12:37 PM
    Y fix something that isn't broke? Just be content.

OS5 is significantly better than 4.7.1... You can pretty much ask anyone already using OS5 on their Tour.
    11-05-09 12:38 PM
    Seems like the Tour has fewer pertinent issues that need to be hastily remedied by a few bug fixes in a 5.0 OS. I believe that once the wave of Storm 2 acquisitions begin to wane, the attention should return to upgrading the Tour.

I'm lucky enough to have a 9630 free of the major issues that pockmark these forums, so I'll be patient and appreciate what I've got while I've got it.

Same here. I really only want 5.0 for the "Today" option as I have been more than happy with the current OS.
    11-05-09 01:10 PM
    OS5 is significantly better than 4.7.1... You can pretty much ask anyone already using OS5 on their Tour.
    Well my Tour has been fine on the 4.7.1, and unless VZ is offering the official upgrade, I'm not messing with the "leak" updates.

11-05-09 01:22 PM
    Not saying anyone needs to, but the improvements are there.
    11-05-09 01:24 PM
    Tried to get 5.0 from Crackberry, the link is dead. Any other links out there?
    11-05-09 03:16 PM
    Tried to get 5.0 from Crackberry, the link is dead. Any other links out there?
    There's plenty but here's one MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    11-05-09 03:46 PM
    Not saying anyone needs to, but the improvements are there.
    Cool

11-05-09 04:22 PM
    RIM knows that there are so many people waiting for the 5.0. Why would rim finally make a perfect release of a new device. When has rim ever made sense to what they do? There will always be updates to every software, but come on get it together. As for me I am happy with the OS now but of course will be happier with a newer one. Its like going from a malibu to a corvette..
    11-05-09 04:48 PM
    What exactly is better about 5.0? I know it has threaded sms, but besides that what other features does it have?
    11-05-09 05:12 PM
    There were several threads stating the differences. I don't want to recompile a list again because I've done it in other threads before.
    11-05-09 05:16 PM
    This is probably going off topic but since it was just mentioned i'll ask in here. What is the today theme option? i am running .230 and do not see any option available. Let me know! thanks.
    11-05-09 08:09 PM
    This is probably going off topic but since it was just mentioned i'll ask in here. What is the today theme option? i am running .230 and do not see any option available. Let me know! thanks.
    I've always wondered this too...
    11-05-09 10:00 PM
    I hope 5 makes my phone faster...my Tour is so sluggish sometimes.
    11-05-09 10:08 PM
    I hope 5 makes my phone faster...my Tour is so sluggish sometimes.
    Oh it is and it will. 5.0 hands down is a huge improvement especially when it comes to speed!

11-06-09 05:19 AM
    I have been running 5.0.0.230 since it was leaked and have absolutely no problems with bluetooth, reboots or memory loss. It is much faster and more stable than 4.7. I am not sure I would change to a Verizon official release, if and when they ever come out with one.
    Verizon and RIM are in the business of selling phones, not assuring the buyers are happy with them once they sign the contract.

I did have to use two pieces of electrical tape to fix the problem with the loose battery cover. They did give me the second Tour which unfortunately had the same battery door problems as the first.
    Last edited by jmackc; 11-06-09 at 06:56 AM.
    11-06-09 06:52 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD