Ok, I have both phones and here are my comparisons so far. Please, no need to go nuts.

Without question, the Storm kills the Tour in the multimedia part of the phone. I tried Youtubes with both and the Tour was horrible! The Storm plays media much better.

The battery life on the Tour kills the Storm from what I can see. I can go a day with heavy heavy usesage on the Tour and not worry about being next to an outlet. The Storm just doesn't match it in this department.

Call quality on the Tour is just fantastic! The Storm is not far behind but the clarity of the Tour is obvious.

Camera and Video cam are about the same but it just shows up better on the Storm screen The real estate comes in handy.

Texting in my opinion is user preference. I can type well on both with no problems.

The lock key on the Tour kills the Storm lock key.

The OS is just a bit snappier on the Tour then the Storm. Not that big of a deal to me.

Build quality in my opinion is the same with the exception of that stupid battery door on the Tour...nuff said on that.

Daily use....the Tour is easier to handle. You only need one hand with the Tour where the Storm requires two hands on almost everything.

Which is better?

People, it's all about what works for you. It's that simple. Neither phone is the jesus phone.

Peop
    07-15-09 12:25 AM
    Ok, I have both phones and here are my comparisons so far. Please, no need to go nuts.

Without question, the Storm kills the Tour in the multimedia part of the phone. I tried Youtubes with both and the Tour was horrible! The Storm plays media much better.

The battery life on the Tour kills the Storm from what I can see. I can go a day with heavy heavy usesage on the Tour and not worry about being next to an outlet. The Storm just doesn't match it in this department.

Call quality on the Tour is just fantastic! The Storm is not far behind but the clarity of the Tour is obvious.

Camera and Video cam are about the same but it just shows up better on the Storm screen The real estate comes in handy.

Texting in my opinion is user preference. I can type well on both with no problems.

The lock key on the Tour kills the Storm lock key.

The OS is just a bit snappier on the Tour then the Storm. Not that big of a deal to me.

Build quality in my opinion is the same with the exception of that stupid battery door on the Tour...nuff said on that.

Daily use....the Tour is easier to handle. You only need one hand with the Tour where the Storm requires two hands on almost everything.

Which is better?

People, it's all about what works for you. It's that simple. Neither phone is the jesus phone.

Peop

while I still like my storm I have to disagree with the media portion.. the os on the tour is just so much more snappy because of it not having to calculate inputs on the touch screen. With that being said using something like vision on the tour works way way better then it did on the storm..

I agree that the storm has great realistate in the screen but the tours screen being smaller makes images/videos quite a bit more crisp over all.

I have not sold my storm and dont plan on it as I still really like the phone. So far the only thing I truly miss is the battery door even though my tour doesnt have a issue with it.

keep in mind media is a blanket term.. playing something like a mp3 is considered media which I think the tour definetly blows the storm out of the water in that aspect because everything just loads so fast compared..

biggest plus of the storm is the nice big screen.. and a awesome battery door..

but honestly there is nothing else to be missed

keep in mind this is my opinion and yours are more then welcome to be different just thought I would put that out there
    07-15-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD