So i just recently went from the bb storm on verizon to the HTC hero on sprint. I do love the hero but i'm really starting to miss the bb messaging. Everything about it is better than the android messaging. My question is are new bb tours still experiencing the trackball problems that they experienced when they first came out. I would normally wait for the essex but unfortunetly I only have til december 14 to decide. So whats the verdict on new tours.

ps I don't mind trackball over the optical pad. I just don't want the vast problems with the trackball from when the tour rolled out.
    11-22-09 02:48 PM
    got my Tour 2 months ago from Verizon (so did 3 of my friends), and so far we haven't come across any trackball problems whatsoever *knocks on wood*. i absolutely love my Tour! some people might suggest for you to wait, some might not.....so it's really up to you. if you have no preference over trackball vs. trackpad, and whether to have WiFi or not....then I'd suggest you go pick up your device soon goodluck!
    11-22-09 03:25 PM
    same as the post above ^ teehee

i recently just got my tour about almost 2 weeks ago, and i love it
    so far it has no problems for me with the trackball, when it FIRST came out they did have some issues with the trackball that i heard about, but they fixed it up and now the ones they put out on the market i believe are legit. since mine hasnt had any problems yet as well.

but of course the essex is also a nice phone, but just all whether or not you care to much about the trackpad and wifi.

other than that, the tour is a really good phone and i believe it has no BIG issues as some other berry's. i love it

so hope you decide soon and if you really want it, you should def get it! goodluck
    11-22-09 03:31 PM
    Well the final determining factor is when the Essex plans to come out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 05:20 PM
    So i just recently went from the bb storm on verizon to the HTC hero on sprint. I do love the hero but i'm really starting to miss the bb messaging. Everything about it is better than the android messaging. My question is are new bb tours still experiencing the trackball problems that they experienced when they first came out. I would normally wait for the essex but unfortunetly I only have til december 14 to decide. So whats the verdict on new tours.

ps I don't mind trackball over the optical pad. I just don't want the vast problems with the trackball from when the tour rolled out.
    Kass I have not had any problems with my tour works great! My friend just bought the hero I think that is a pretty good phone as well I like the web browsing.
    11-22-09 05:31 PM
    I have issues with the trackball, but not the type of issue that was originally reported. My issue is that the ball gets stuck occasionally and I have to roll it firmly on a piece of paper for about 10 seconds. Works fine, but it's really frustrating to have to do. I think it's the fact that since the ball is deeper in the face of the phone, I (and others may or may not) tend to scroll very lightly, and that is when it seems to hang up the most.
    11-22-09 09:49 PM
    I have issues with the trackball, but not the type of issue that was originally reported. My issue is that the ball gets stuck occasionally and I have to roll it firmly on a piece of paper for about 10 seconds. Works fine, but it's really frustrating to have to do. I think it's the fact that since the ball is deeper in the face of the phone, I (and others may or may not) tend to scroll very lightly, and that is when it seems to hang up the most.
    I have the same problem....I think its becoming obvious why they only used this recent trackball design on only two phones one generation each at least the older ones you could just pop out and change, you could get them for like 3 dollars, it wasn't a huge deal
    11-23-09 02:03 AM
    I have the same problem....I think its becoming obvious why they only used this recent trackball design on only two phones one generation each at least the older ones you could just pop out and change, you could get them for like 3 dollars, it wasn't a huge deal
    Ya, it's really frustrating. They changed the sensitivity on the screen/keyboard options when I took it to the store . I think they would at least understand the difference between hardware and software. Oh well, every phone has something wrong or negative about it. Roll the trackball on some white paper ever day or two (that's what I have to do) and it seems to make it work right for at least a few hours. I'm a locksmith so you can imagine how quickly I get mine dirty.
    11-25-09 12:50 AM
    Got my Tour on the Canadian release date.
    1st: (July) GPS didn't work - returned it.
    2nd: (July) Trackball problems - phone got stolen before I could have it replaced
    3rd: (November) GPS didn't work AND the trackball issues
    4th: (November) Everything seems to function so far, but the vibration is much weaker than the past three. I'll probably be sending this one back too.

VERY disappointed with the quality of the Tour's I have owned. I just hope that no one else has to go through what I have. Note that changing the sensitivity is NOT a fix, it is a work around, and anyone with the trackball problem should be getting their handsets replaced (IMHO - to drive home the point with your carrier and Blackberry about the QA on the Tour). On the up-side, I'm now an expert on setting up a fresh Blackberry to my desired config, even without doing a restore.

I'm tempted to call Telus, and negotiate an upgrade to the Bold 9700 because of these issues, it's bordering on the ridiculous at this point.
    11-25-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD