Coming from an 8830 (after buying and returning a storm). This phone is great but it has some kinks but nothing like the storn had. Two frustrating issues:

1) Stereo bluetooth - I am using a motorola s9, which works perfectly with my itouch. Oddly, when place the handset in the included holster, or even go anywhere near it, it cuts out the stereo bluetooth when listening to music. I suspect it has something to do with the magnet in the holster. When using the phone, it stays connected but breaks up.
    2) This thing jumps off of 1XEV every few seconds, seemingly whenever I look at it. It goes to 1x, 1X, and then back to 1XEV constantly. My 8830, sitting right next to it, stays on 1XEV the whole time.

Anyone else having these problems?
    07-13-09 06:54 PM
    Coming from an 8830 (after buying and returning a storm). This phone is great but it has some kinks but nothing like the storn had. Two frustrating issues:

1) Stereo bluetooth - I am using a motorola s9, which works perfectly with my itouch. Oddly, when place the handset in the included holster, or even go anywhere near it, it cuts out the stereo bluetooth when listening to music. I suspect it has something to do with the magnet in the holster. When using the phone, it stays connected but breaks up.
    2) This thing jumps off of 1XEV every few seconds, seemingly whenever I look at it. It goes to 1x, 1X, and then back to 1XEV constantly. My 8830, sitting right next to it, stays on 1XEV the whole time.

Anyone else having these problems?
    Not sure on 1) as I don't have stereo BT to test

on 2), yes, having the same issue. even in good coverage. in poor coverage (at home, in the middle of Boston, go figure), it's almost constantly on 1X. The browser on this thing is a beast and quite slow. opera mini is a bit faster. this is my first bb, so we'll see if i get used to it.
    07-13-09 07:01 PM
    Still trying to figure out the 1XEV issue. Looks like when the phone is at rest it will occasionally switch from 1X to 1XEV. When I do anything, like send a bbm, send an email, open the browser, open an app, etc it switches to 1X. Very frustrating.
    07-13-09 07:15 PM
    I've been having a similar problem, but it's more permanent. As soon as mine turns on, it goes to 1X, then after a while it'll go to 1XEV and then as soon as I try to look at the browser or send an email it'll go to 1xev (all lowercase) and the browser and email stop working. It then stays that way until I take the battery out and restart.

Is anybody else having that problem or does anyone have any idea what could cause that? I'm not looking forward to another 40 minutes on the phone with verizon.
    07-14-09 05:58 AM
    I have had the curve, bold, storm and now the tour. All of them have trouble with stereo bluetooth. All behave as you describe once put into the holster. So far though, the tour seems to have the strongest connection. Def a problem though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 06:22 AM
    I got my Tour last night after finally deciding to give up on the Storm (that i've had since release day) for now. I haven't had any problems with remaining in 1XEV territory ...

As far as stereo bluetooth goes, i have the moto S9HD headphones, I'll have to try them out later ... I know with my storm i had issues if the phone wasn't perfectly positioned in close proximity to my phone, which was pretty annoying.
    07-14-09 06:32 AM
    What version OS are you running on your 8830? Ever since I upgraded to 4.5 from 4.2, my signal on the 8830 was saying that it was switching constantly (1X, 1xev, 1xEV). I don't know that it is really doing all that and think its some sort of cosmetic bug. Sounds like the 4.7 code on the Tour might have that piece of bum code passed on to it. People on Sprint will be getting Tours starting today so you should start seeing data that will show if this is a Tour/4.7 issue or a carrier issue. I'm think its a Tour/4.7 issue based on the 4.5 upgrade.
    07-14-09 07:22 AM
    I'm also having problems with stereo bluetooth and it cuts out as dssesq described but my problem has nothing to do with being in the holster because I can't hear the music through the stereo bluetooth headphones even when the Tour is not in the holster. It sounds like the music volume is super low but I can't use the volume rocker switch on the side of the Tour to raise the volume because it moves the tracks forward and backward. The volume button on the stereo bluetooth headphones doesn't do anything either. I tried this with both my Lubix NC1 and Jabra BT3030 stereo bluetooth headsets. I'm able to make phones and hear the phone call with no problem so it's not a pairing issue with the stereo bluetooth headphones. I didn't have this problem with my Storm.
    07-15-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD