TOUR start up time is redic!!!!!!!!!!

So long in fact that I was able to click on internet explorer, type in crackberry.com. Sign in under my name, type this entry and yet still not even close to being finished!
    09-15-09 01:16 PM
    hang in there.. os 5 should help with boot up.
    09-15-09 01:17 PM
    Yes it's 5-7 minutes for most, but some report slightly longer or shorter than that.
    This is expected to be addressed by future OS updates. Apparently the Storm was originally the same before this was addressed by OS upgrades, according to some other posters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 01:19 PM
    What size memory card do you have inserted? Also heard a rumor about how the bigger the memory card, the longer the reboot time... Can't site my source but thought I've read that once or twice in these forums.

09-15-09 01:24 PM
    8gig.........damnit!
    09-15-09 01:30 PM
    Wow...I was just thinkin the SAME THING! lol. I thought my Storm was bad, this thing takes FOREVER to reboot. Great phone, but I hope OS 5.0 remedies that a lil.
    09-15-09 01:33 PM
    I think your memory card might be the undoing. It may not solve the problem but try rebooting w/ no memory card in and see what the difference is, if any.

09-15-09 01:35 PM
    I suggest a hybrid, even with new features such as threaded sms, my boot time is around 2-3 minutes. I know a lot of people would prefer an official release but I have installed 2 different versions and could not be happier. www.bbhybrids.net
    09-15-09 01:38 PM
    TOUR start up time is redic!!!!!!!!!!

So long in fact that I was able to click on internet explorer, type in crackberry.com. Sign in under my name, type this entry and yet still not even close to being finished!
    I would think (or hope at least) that what you mentioned above doesn't take that long anyways.

Now had you said that by the time you started the reboot process..you had enough time to allow a spider to crawl up your leg and make a nice, big web stretching from your chin to the back of your computer screen..a moth flies in, gets caught..the spider crawls to it and starts twirling it inside a mini-spiderweb to save for dinner later..at which time I hop over; lash my tongue out and gobble both the spider and the moth in one swipe...and the Tour is STILL booting up..

Now that would be something.
    09-15-09 01:59 PM
    Rebooted this morning after this post following an App update. Reboot took just under 5.5 minutes.
    09-15-09 04:29 PM
    Mine takes between 4 and 6 minutes. Yes...it varies, but I really don't see the issue with a few extra minutes. Is it rebooting on you? Is there an absolute need to reboot during prime time use? Not jumping on anyone, just curious since I seldom see the need to reboot except when deleting an app or trying a new theme.
    09-15-09 04:31 PM
    Hmmm running stock OS with 4gig and around the 3 1/2 min average boot up time . Doesnt bother me one bit as i hardly reboot this phone unless i install something.

09-15-09 04:44 PM
    Hmmm running stock OS with 4gig and around the 3 1/2 min average boot up time . Doesnt bother me one bit as i hardly reboot this phone unless i install something.

I am with you 100%...I mean these devices are basically a small computer, what do you expect...
    09-15-09 04:51 PM
    My Tour with a 4 gig card takes quite a while to boot also. This is my first Blackberry so I thought it was typical. Love to think this will get better with the new OS.

09-15-09 04:58 PM
    Uh, yeah. Boot up time half as long would be ridiculous. For the record--I have an 8GB media card, and my startup time is close to 8 minutes.

I can cold start my Mac mini, open Photoshop with a 100MB file, start up Parallels, boot Windows, open Wordperfect and Quickbooks, THEN open Safari AND retrieve my email--meanwhile, the Tour is still booting up...

It's the ONLY thing I truly dislike about my 9630.
    09-15-09 04:59 PM
    The excessive boot time is deliberately designed to give you a cooling-off period in the event you're really frustrated and forced to reboot due to complications and malfunctions. LOL.
    09-15-09 07:17 PM
    **** my first tour took 15 minutes one time!
    09-15-09 11:36 PM
    Mine takes between 4 and 6 minutes. Yes...it varies, but I really don't see the issue with a few extra minutes. Is it rebooting on you? Is there an absolute need to reboot during prime time use? Not jumping on anyone, just curious since I seldom see the need to reboot except when deleting an app or trying a new theme.
    Mine gets rebooted once a day because I swap batteries once a day. The thing gets used for business and personal, but there's nothing so important that it'll hurt 6 extra minutes.

Heck....I look at it as a break when I'm at work.
    09-16-09 02:01 AM
    mine takes about 5-8 mins depending on apps installed hopefully 5.0 will bring this down abit
    09-16-09 02:03 AM
    Mine gets rebooted once a day because I swap batteries once a day. The thing gets used for business and personal, but there's nothing so important that it'll hurt 6 extra minutes.

Heck....I look at it as a break when I'm at work.
    Hmmm...not a bad idea. Does the Tour and the Storm use the same battery? If so, I may start carrying my Storm battery around fully charged just in case of an emergency.

I've been treating my Storm like a junkyard car. lol. Snatched the 8 gig memory card and put it in my Tour (guess that explains the boot time), now im bout to snatch the battery. Only thing left is to sit it on bricks!
    09-16-09 09:53 AM
    Since i put in a 16gig card in my Tour it takes about 6 mins to reboot, a little longer than with 4.5 mins with a 4 Gig card. Previously I thought my Treo took too long to reboot, a whole 2 minutes But Treo used to crash all the time, Tour? Hardly ever, just a bit of lag which should be fixed with an OS update.
    09-16-09 10:02 AM
    Hmmm...not a bad idea. Does the Tour and the Storm use the same battery? If so, I may start carrying my Storm battery around fully charged just in case of an emergency.

I've been treating my Storm like a junkyard car. lol. Snatched the 8 gig memory card and put it in my Tour (guess that explains the boot time), now im bout to snatch the battery. Only thing left is to sit it on bricks!
    Tour's battery is idential to Storm's. I am thinking of getting an extra OEM battery with a portable charger for emergency use (**** Seidio's 2600mah price and its hideous fat battery door cover)
    09-16-09 10:04 AM
    Does anybody know of any docks where you can charge your phone and/or JUST the battery? I am interested in charging a battery while it's outside of my phone.
    09-16-09 10:11 AM

Exact same battery. I bought this https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=54FnVHiJ and a battery for the package deal from the Crackberry store. All you need is your car charger or wall charger with the micro usb and you can charge it anywhere.

I'm way too mobile(office, jobsite, motorcycle or truck) to have to leave the BB plugged into a wall or laptop charger. It nice being able to stick the spare battery in my pocket or backpack if I'm going to be somewhere that I can't charge.

I really think this is a much better option over the dock because you don't have to leave the phone in one spot. I'm often around others, so speaker phone isn't an option and I only use Bluetooth when I'm driving. That doesn't really give you many options for using your phone while charging it in the dock.
    Last edited by jabo052; 09-16-09 at 10:15 AM.
    09-16-09 10:12 AM
    Does anybody know of any docks where you can charge your phone and/or JUST the battery? I am interested in charging a battery while it's outside of my phone.
    See post #24 for a better option, IMO.
    09-16-09 10:16 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD