Does the Storm 2 run faster or slower than the Tour?

Leaving specs out, I'm looking for someone who has experienced it?

Thanks!
    11-23-09 04:23 AM
    Equivalent, if you compare them both running the same OS (or close to it). They have identical hardware, aside from WiFi and touchscreen. They both run applications, etc. about the same.

I believe the Storm 2 has more app memory, which is a plus.

If you include WiFi in the mix, then the Storm 2 is faster at downloading content....
    11-23-09 05:05 AM
    Does the Storm 2 run faster or slower than the Tour?

Leaving specs out, I'm looking for someone who has experienced it?

Thanks!
    to put things in perspective, my curve 8330 is faster than my tour. not sure if it's a software issue or hardware. The tour also takes ~ 3-4 minutes to boot up compared to the curve's 1-2 minutes.
    11-25-09 06:39 PM
    the storm will actually clock slower if you take it into account that clock cycles are being used for screen input.. not that the storm is slow but its true
    11-25-09 06:54 PM
    Played with the storm 2 today, its the same speed as my tour in basically all regards except typing, but I'm sure that's due to user error, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 06:54 PM
    I would imagine it's all about how you use your phone my tour runs fast only have 3 apps the more apps the slower it will get, also the storm 2 I believe is running a 5.0 os as the tour is running 4.7. So I would thing the s2 is a little faster. But I still love my tour. Way better and faster than my 8830 imo.

11-25-09 07:10 PM
    If you include WiFi in the mix, then the Storm 2 is faster at downloading content....
    Sprints EVDO Rev. A is faster then my DSL
    11-25-09 07:32 PM
    Played with the storm 2 today, its the same speed as my tour in basically all regards except typing, but I'm sure that's due to user error, lol

Maybe. It took me a while to get used to the typing on the touchscreen, but at the same time, the lag is still always there. The Tour doesn't seem to have that lag, but I also doesn't have that uber-large keyboard like the S1/2 does.

To me, both devices seem to be on par with each other, except for the WiFi.
    11-25-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD