New to BB..i think the storm was...what about the tour??
    07-10-09 02:46 PM
    New to BB..i think the storm was...what about the tour??
    no screen is scratch proof. The storms screen even scratches pretty easily as i found out with a couple of my storms. If your around sand, sand is very very sharp and will mess your screen up very bad.
    07-10-09 02:48 PM
    one screen that wasnt scratch proof.....the curve 8330...
    07-10-09 02:48 PM
    I have never used a screen protector but since the Tour will be my first BB, I am considering it.

Check out this thread, even though it's slightly old, it still has good info:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/do...61/index2.html
    07-10-09 02:50 PM
    one screen that wasnt scratch proof.....the curve 8330...
    Ditto. I had a screen protector on mine for a while, it just made it harder to see the screen. Im going naked with the Tour. From what I have heard it is more glass like that the bold.
    07-10-09 03:21 PM
    No screen is scratch proof. But they are scratch resistant. My storm has been naked since I got it and only has a small nick on the black part of the screen. I'm going naked with the tour as well

And correct me if I'm wrong but no BB screen is glass, just hard plastic

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 03:54 PM
    No screen is scratch proof. But they are scratch resistant. My storm has been naked since I got it and only has a small nick on the black part of the screen. I'm going naked with the tour as well

And correct me if I'm wrong but no BB screen is glass, just hard plastic

**The storm screen is glass.
    07-10-09 04:03 PM
    Are u sure? Cuz I'm typing on it right now and it sure doesn't feel like glass. Plus all the times I've dropped this thing I think a glass screen would have shattered by now lol

07-10-09 04:06 PM
    The Storm has a screen protector on it when you buy it. There was some video or a dude trying to scratch it with a nail or someting lol. The Tour--you'll need protection or it will have babies!
    07-10-09 04:16 PM
    Are u sure? Cuz I'm typing on it right now and it sure doesn't feel like glass. Plus all the times I've dropped this thing I think a glass screen would have shattered by now lol

the storm is the only blackberry out there that has a glass screen. The Tour is like the bold, a plastic type of screen but not very easy to scratch, but all phone screen scratch. I'm not sure how anyone could go nakes without a screen protector on the screen, you don't even know that there on and it protects the screen from any damage.
    07-10-09 04:24 PM
    Always use a screen protector...no matter what
    07-10-09 04:35 PM
    I've been naked on my only storm since February and the only mark is on the black screen bezel on the bottom, not the actual screen. And its so much sharper without the protector, no reason to have one

07-10-09 04:40 PM
    Tour screen is actually pretty solid. I am not gonna try and scratch it but personally I thing it is a better quality than the bold.

07-10-09 08:55 PM
    the storm is the only blackberry out there that has a glass screen. The Tour is like the bold, a plastic type of screen but not very easy to scratch, but all phone screen scratch. I'm not sure how anyone could go nakes without a screen protector on the screen, you don't even know that there on and it protects the screen from any damage.

Even glass will scratch if something gets in to rough contact that has enough hardness and pressure to the glass surface.

The Touch screen phones in general have to have a stronger or harder surface to take the handling without scratching easily. Without abuse the screen should not take on scratches.

If you wear a regular watch with a hard plastic screen, these only scratch if they are hit or rubbed against something with a hard surface. The touch screen phones use a much higher quality display surface material than on the low cost watches.

I have been heavily using a Playbook for two weeks now, and the screen has no protection. I clean it with a slightly dampened tissue then use the same type of sham cloth that I use for my eye glasses. This method should be able to clean a cell phone screen.

--

Is for your phone I suggest to not do a scratch test. You don't have to be a hero to make such a point. If you want to test a phone, get a scrapper phone that is going for disposal. If you scratch your phone you will have to live with it after, or pay out a fair amount of money to have the screen changed.

Jerry G.
    05-10-11 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD