No problem! I'm just curious to know. Why would you like glass better? I feel like if you have glass in a phone and drop it, chances are that the screen will break easily, right? The plastic that the phone has looks almost like glass, so its like having the best of both worlds
    I agree with you. The screen is the same as the Bold, but the quality is so good that it looks like it's glass. I wanted to say this, but I didn't know how to explain it. Those who wanted glass will change their minds when they own it. The resolution makes the screen shine even better.
    06-21-09 11:45 AM
    No problem! I'm just curious to know. Why would you like glass better? I feel like if you have glass in a phone and drop it, chances are that the screen will break easily, right? The plastic that the phone has looks almost like glass, so its like having the best of both worlds
    Well from my experience with sunglasses... Glass seems to be a way better way to go because glass does not scratch as easily as plastic does. So i'm assuming that it would be the same for phone screens. Also when i drop a phone, it tends to slide more than just fall, so it would cause the screen to get really scratched up rather than cracking or breaking.
    06-21-09 11:55 AM
    The Bold has a hard-coated plastic screen material. It may be acrylic, Lexan or some other polycarbonate. I don't believe RIM makes the actual material composition public.
    The Tour looks to have the same material - it is bendable when not installed in the phone, so it is not glass.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 11:22 AM
    I think it's amusing that BMX posted the answer to this on the second page... from personal experience... and people just ignored it... amazing...
    06-22-09 11:47 AM
    I think it's amusing that BMX posted the answer to this on the second page... from personal experience... and people just ignored it... amazing...
    His post suggested some speculation and was followed by another post where the user seemed equally confident it was glass, based on personal experience. Neither post was ignored.
    06-22-09 12:01 PM
    ha ha.. I didn't speculate I just cant tell, lol! Its a nice screen..
    06-22-09 12:15 PM
    His post suggested some speculation and was followed by another post where the user seemed equally confident it was glass, based on personal experience. Neither post was ignored.
    Look at his device list... like he says he knows... just can't always tell you But I think his "speculation" was telling enough...
    06-22-09 12:24 PM
    I not sure but I think that the only BB device with glass screen are the S1/S2... I dont think the tour have one cause when you press the screen with a finger its very easy to move the liquid in the display...
    02-11-10 09:53 AM
    ive actually taken apart more than my fair share of tours and I'm almost positive its glass. if you took the lcd unit out, you could hold it up to light and see that there is a "greenish" tint when looking at it on the side. Kind of like how if you were to look at the edge of a glass door straight on, there is a green tint there.

It also has sharp edges. Also i think with plastic, you wouldnt be able to achieve the type of clarity that glass achieves. Youd lose some factor of resolution if it was plastic.
    02-12-10 02:33 AM
    Its plastic tap it with a piece of metal. Glass has a distinct sound over plastic. Tap it on your tooth. Glass has that same distinct sound as well as a distinct feel. The screen in my tour is plastic..
    02-12-10 10:17 AM
    I have always assumed it was glass just by look and feel.
    02-12-10 08:10 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD