hey guys just noticed my tour has a scratch, i have a 3rd party warranty and all that jazz, but id rather just install a new screen myself if its doable. is it easy? where could i get new glass?
    10-04-09 03:37 PM
    Is mostly likely is doable seeing as BB are repaired all the time. One thing i would consider though is if your warranty is for 3 years, it most likely excludes you opening it up and doing the handman fix it thing. I know with the warranty from most carriers they say if its Customer Induced (ie pulling the device apart) then the warranty can be voided.

I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself, especially if still early into your contract.
    10-04-09 03:54 PM
    Not that it helps your current situation, but buy a screen protector when you get the new phone or get the current one repaired. They're cheap insurance against scratches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 04:07 PM
    Most people on this site buy their BB components from cnn.cn
    Here's a link to the OEM Tour LCD screen but unfortunately, it looks like they're out of stock...

BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM LCD screen - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G,

Replacing your screen on your own will most certainly void your warranty, so do it at your own risk.

Good luck.
    10-04-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD