Here's a few things I did to make my tour FLYYYY.

From your home screen hold "Alt" and then hit LGLG. So Alt+LGLG and it brings up the log info. Then hit your berry button and then hit "clear". It clears your log info. If you've never done it, it can clear up a couple MB. Check your memory before and after to see how much it helped.

The second way to speed up your tour is to remove EVERYTHING you don't need on your phone. This can be a little difficult to explain so I'll link you to the same page I followed. There's TONS of files and crap you can take out of your phone, but you have to do it manually.

Here's the link to the 101 lecture here on crackberry. Just follow all the steps in order and you'll be all set.

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

When you get to the last step of Removing Default Items and Modules, look very close at all the files/items on your phone and you'll be surprised how many you can remove.

MAKE SURE TO BACK-UP YOUR PHONE BEFORE DOING THIS. JUST IN CASE YOU DELETE SOMETHING THAT WAS IMPORTANT, YOU'LL BE ABLE TO RECOVER YOUR BERRY WITH OUT A HITCH.

PM ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ON THIS PROCEDURE, OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
    11-19-09 07:50 PM
    Again, make sure to back-up your berry before doing what my previous post says. That's VITAL!
    11-19-09 07:51 PM
    im wondering if all my text messages that automatically save to the phone were slowing it down
    11-19-09 09:49 PM
    also, when i do my quickpull every night, does that clear my memory for me?
    11-19-09 09:51 PM
    With BB you need to actively manage memory. Read the section of Help about optimizing phone performance and managing memory. Also some apps like Aerize optimizer cause lag and should be avoided. Delete all sms & email you don't need etc. Delete browser cache as well this adds up fast. Following these basic guidelines I never have lag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 10:01 PM
    Do what my previous post says. I was able to delete at least 30 files that weren't listed in the "lecture 101" series (the link I gave you). You can delete things like the demo video (which takes up tons of space) and stock wallpapers and things like PTT (push to talk) and VAD (voice activated dialing) and many other things you probably don't need/use.
    11-19-09 10:58 PM
    sometimes when it comes to text messages, if you have the option of previous messages turned up to, say 10, it takes longer to open the thread of messages. that is just a solution to one aspect though.
    11-19-09 11:00 PM
    Thw alarm will work I have my quick pull set for 233 am and it is my only alarm clock.
    11-20-09 07:44 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD