Well i've had my tour for under a week now and its starting to run very slow... all my applications are closed except for the ones that are always running... when I send a text, it legs when I click the BB button or to send the message... the first few days, it was very quick and awesome... no its slow and annoying... I push buttons and even have the text typed and sent and then have to wait for the phone to catch up... will the leak 5.0 fix this issue? or is it not worth the hassle? i'm a blackberry newb and OS newb so any help is greatly appreciated... this is my first blackberry and I am trying to take full advantage of it and it is continuing to disappoint me
    11-10-09 01:43 PM
    Did you try a battery pull? This will usually fix any odd issues such as those you are describing...
    11-10-09 02:17 PM
    Did you try a battery pull? This will usually fix any odd issues such as those you are describing...
    awesome I will try that... appreciate the help
    11-10-09 02:37 PM
    Well i've had my tour for under a week now and its starting to run very slow... all my applications are closed except for the ones that are always running... when I send a text, it legs when I click the BB button or to send the message... the first few days, it was very quick and awesome... no its slow and annoying... I push buttons and even have the text typed and sent and then have to wait for the phone to catch up... will the leak 5.0 fix this issue? or is it not worth the hassle? i'm a blackberry newb and OS newb so any help is greatly appreciated... this is my first blackberry and I am trying to take full advantage of it and it is continuing to disappoint me
    As stated before, a battery pull might help, but i guess you're on the original OS that comes with the phone, doing an OS upgrade will help for sure. Newer OS will manage the memory better and you'll find your phone running like a charm. I'm running 5.0.0.238 and it's very quick, browsing, switching from applications to other, it's all very responsive.If you need help upgrading your OS, read the 101 lecture in the Blackberry help section.
    11-10-09 02:46 PM
    As stated before, a battery pull might help, but i guess you're on the original OS that comes with the phone, doing an OS upgrade will help for sure. Newer OS will manage the memory better and you'll find your phone running like a charm. I'm running 5.0.0.238 and it's very quick, browsing, switching from applications to other, it's all very responsive.If you need help upgrading your OS, read the 101 lecture in the Blackberry help section.
    ya the battery pull helped... Although I foresee upgrading to 5.0 in the very near future
    11-10-09 02:49 PM
    go to the bb app store and dlaod quickpull lite (acts like a battery pull)

i have it scheduled for a 3am battery pull every night, so when i wake up its super responsive and fast throughout the day
    11-10-09 02:50 PM

i have it scheduled for a 3am battery pull every night, so when i wake up its super responsive and fast throughout the day
    doing that now... does this effect the battery life or anything longterm?
    Last edited by AJD 4 ND; 11-10-09 at 02:55 PM.
    11-10-09 02:52 PM
    Next time it starts to lag, check your free memory before your battery pull. Options - Status - file free. The Tour has ample memory, but I've seen cases where tons of apps and usage can drive down the free memory to a point where it affects performance.
    11-10-09 02:54 PM

I was going to offer that also. Quickpull is your friend when it comes to memory leaks and application hangs.

I downloaded the paid version, "Pro", I think.... Mine is set for 12:00am, but it will not do it since my device is usually locked durring that period. Do you have the same issue?
    11-10-09 02:54 PM
    I was going to offer that also. Quickpull is your friend when it comes to memory leaks and application hangs.

I downloaded the paid version, "Pro", I think.... Mine is set for 12:00am, but it will not do it since my device is usually locked durring that period. Do you have the same issue?
    so if the phone is locked it will not perform the task? and what about my alarm clock... if I have it set and this performs will my alarm still stay set?
    11-10-09 02:56 PM
    doing that now... does this effect the battery life or anything longterm?
    nope never have problems with battery life. i never even know when it does the pull since its during my sleep hours. its a must have app.

no i have never had issues with the app. i dont lock the device though since it sits on my bedside table. dont lock it tonight to see if it works properly
    11-10-09 03:03 PM
    I believe the alarm will still be set
    11-10-09 03:03 PM
    i'm downloading it now... if my phone decides to do something other than tell me starting download.....
    11-10-09 03:05 PM
    I believe this is a dumb question but I dont have to have quickpull "running" in order for it to work at the scheduled time correct?
    11-10-09 03:10 PM
    Next time it starts to lag, check your free memory before your battery pull. Options - Status - file free. The Tour has ample memory, but I've seen cases where tons of apps and usage can drive down the free memory to a point where it affects performance.
    what would be considered low to the point where it would effect my performance?
    11-10-09 03:11 PM
    so if the phone is locked it will not perform the task? and what about my alarm clock... if I have it set and this performs will my alarm still stay set?
    Alarm will still work, but the reboot function won't if it's in a magetized holster/case.
    11-10-09 03:15 PM
    what would be considered low to the point where it would effect my performance?
    Anything below 20MB would be my guess. I've never seen mine below 100MB though, so getting it down that low might be tough.
    11-10-09 03:16 PM
    my gf just got the storm 2... she's not as into her phone as I am... but should I go ahead and install the quickpull app on her phone also?
    11-10-09 03:19 PM
    Quickpull makes the Tour go round.
    11-10-09 05:39 PM
    still running slow... very annoyed... looks like i'll be upgrading to 5.0 sooner than I thought... any opposition?
    11-10-09 06:51 PM
    4.7.1 sucks. OS5 does not.
    11-10-09 06:53 PM
    4.7.1 sucks. OS5 does not.
    will I lose any of my apps or info on my phone by upgrading? and side effects?
    11-10-09 06:56 PM
    I'd look into using the OS5 hybrid on bbhybrids (latest is 50v7.8 i believe). Follow the install directions.

It uses the loader, which backs up your apps and data, upgrades, then reinstalls everything.
    11-10-09 06:58 PM
    holy **** am I confused! I am at the link below

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/tour-hybrid-273397/

first off... the install instructions are in a different language to me and when I click on the download now, it kicks me to another forum
    11-11-09 11:35 PM
    this stupid thing is still running VERY slow! I feel like i'm using a dell computer with limewire installed
    11-19-09 07:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD