My Tour sometimes restarts when I put it down. This frequently happens when I put it in the cupholder of my car, but has also happened when I put it on a table or even inside my pocket.

I've checked other threads (such as this one), and I know it's obviously a hardware problem, not a software problem, but the issue is that I can't duplicate it when I try. If I forcefully put the phone on a table or "smack" it in my hands, it doesn't restart.

Is there anything I should take a look at or try before bringing it into the Verizon store, especially since I might not be able to duplicate it for them?
    02-19-10 04:22 PM
    Make sure the battery is in tight.
    02-19-10 06:25 PM
    Make sure the battery is in tight.
    Hmm.

I brought it to the Verizon store, and they didn't see anything when they opened the battery cover, so they're sending out a replacement phone.

I'm assuming there would be no chance that they'd send out a Tour 2 if I waited until the release date of that phone to request a replacement, am I right?
    02-20-10 11:32 AM
    Hmm.

I brought it to the Verizon store, and they didn't see anything when they opened the battery cover, so they're sending out a replacement phone.

I'm assuming there would be no chance that they'd send out a Tour 2 if I waited until the release date of that phone to request a replacement, am I right?
    Phone will be replaced with a similiar model only. They will not replace with a newer model unless they run out of new and refurb models.. maybeeee.. which I highly doubt will ever happen..
    02-20-10 11:49 AM
    I set up my replacement Tour today, and I experienced the same problem.

In fact, I think it might be worse on this one. It randomly restarted when it was sitting in the cupholder of my car. Maybe I hit a bump, but it wasn't anything crazy.

Is there any chance that there's an issue with the battery I've used in both phones, or if this just a problem with both of the phones themselves?
    02-27-10 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD