I had 5 Lg verizon phones on verizon. the last was an Lg env 3 and had great reception, no problems or dropped calls. my neighbor has ATT and doesnt have any reception at parts of home. now i have a Tour that drops at least @ 1 call a day, sometimes it says searching for cdma signal at home.
    04-04-10 09:18 PM
    Have you tried dialing *228 and selecting option 2? Maybe that will help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 09:43 PM
    Good call junky. That should def help, if not, then get yourself another phone.

04-04-10 09:53 PM
    Are you running the new OS? Many people, including me, have has horrible signal problems. I have trouble making calls, I don't have a signal half the time I hit send.
    04-04-10 09:53 PM
    My parents have an LG Chocolate and an EnV ... I can sit by them and they have all bars while my tour is constantly jumping from 1xev to 1X
    04-04-10 10:04 PM

Yes, I have done *228, called verizon tech support, running os 5, tried turning/removing the sim card. I really like the Tour, just wish the reception was better. People will say they can't hear me, and then the phone will show 3 bars on ev1x, but the call drops.

04-04-10 10:20 PM
    The 5.0 OS is horrible. I downgraded to the 4.7 and my Tour has been great. It was wonderful before I upgraded. The new OS made my battery drain, not to mention poor reception and other issues. 4.7 was perfect and am glad was able to downgrade.
    04-04-10 10:24 PM
    i just wanted to say that rescently my blackberry tour fell into a koi pond and after fishing it out i put the battery right back in and tried to use it, later that day it did turn on but the keys lost their functioning. so i went back to my lg env 3 on verizon, and the lg env 3 phone started dropping calls too just like the tour did, so i think it may just have bean a coinsidence that the tour started dropping calls the first day i got it, because the lg env3 never dropped calls before i got the tour but later when i went back to it, it also had this dropping call problem.

so now i have ordered the blackberry bold 9650.
    06-03-10 10:16 PM
    I know this kind of late but you could also check the settings of your connection and switch it to 1xEv instead of global
    06-04-10 05:43 AM
    I have the same problem (searching for cdma). I live in a remote area tho

06-04-10 10:34 AM

Wow! Prior to dialing *228 and option 2, I had only one to two bars in my home. When I dialed it, my signal strength jumped to 4 bars! I am a happy camper. Thanks.
    06-04-10 05:38 PM
    I have never had a dropped call on my Tour since November and for the first 3 months (until I told them) everyone I called thought I was still on a landline (ported number). I did not see any reduction in call quality like others have when i upgraded from OS 4.7 to 5.0.0.484 and eventually 5.0.0.591. I do live in suburban Mpls/St.Paul but travel to rural areas frequently for work and have never had a problem.
    06-04-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD