I am a frequent user of AfterDawn.com forums for my tech needs, and I have it bookmarked on my Tour, but recently when I click on my bookmark for that site, the page starts to load then the phone shuts off, and reboots....

it seems to be only that website, which makes it weird....

I am a Verizon user on the most recent official firmware.....

anyone have this issue in this form or another?

ps...battery pull did NOT work too....
    06-19-10 08:25 PM
    Hmm. Sounds like something that is running on that page is conflicting with your Tour. Have you tried to see if they have a mobile version such as m.afterdawn.com to see if that will help you out?
    06-19-10 08:27 PM
    Maybe, ill check that, but is it weird that it worked before?
    06-19-10 08:37 PM
    Well, keep in mind websites are always being updated. It could be something new from the site that the device doesn't like and its causing that issue.
    06-19-10 08:38 PM
    mine has a bad habit of rebooting when i hit the send button for placing a call.
    06-19-10 09:15 PM
    I am a frequent user of AfterDawn.com forums for my tech needs, and I have it bookmarked on my Tour, but recently when I click on my bookmark for that site, the page starts to load then the phone shuts off, and reboots....

it seems to be only that website, which makes it weird....

I am a Verizon user on the most recent official firmware.....

anyone have this issue in this form or another?

ps...battery pull did NOT work too....

When I updated to .732 I started having rebooting problems. One time it rebooted 6 times in a row before it stabilized itself. It continues to reboot itself at random times as well now. I called verizon CS and the lady told me to do a master clear and reinstall. I did this and it didnt help. She said it is a problem that has been reported with the Tour so she decided to send me another device. I'm sure most of you are aware by now that they are largely replacing tours with Bolds, so they are sending me a bold in replacement of my rebooting tour.
    06-19-10 09:31 PM
    i called in last night for my warranty replacement. i wasn't told i would receive a bold, but i also can't say that i'm not hoping i will!
    06-19-10 09:47 PM
    I'm not trying to turn this thread into another "get a free bold" thread, I'm just letting the original poster know that the rebooting is a known problem that verizon is willing to replace the device for because it is thought to be due to a hardware defect (although it shows up when .732 is installed)
    06-19-10 11:03 PM
    Thanks, thats kinda good news about VZW replacing it with Bold's...like the trackpad waaay better!....I may have to look into that...do they need proof its messing up?...and is .732 an OFW? or or one of those early downloadable relase things?...
    06-20-10 05:59 AM
    Thanks, thats kinda good news about VZW replacing it with Bold's...like the trackpad waaay better!....I may have to look into that...do they need proof its messing up?...and is .732 an OFW? or or one of those early downloadable relase things?...
    They don't really need proof of it. If you call customer service about the issue they are going to ask you to do some troubleshooting like restoring the factory default OS then updating to the current once again. You can do that all before you call and tell them that it didnt work.
    OS .732 is the newest official release from verizon
    06-20-10 11:57 PM
    Is there a way I can induce it if my device is defective? I mean I like my phone but if it does start rebooting and they decide to start doing Tours again I wanna be sure to cash in on Bold upgrades.
    06-21-10 02:28 AM
    Is there a way I can induce it if my device is defective? I mean I like my phone but if it does start rebooting and they decide to start doing Tours again I wanna be sure to cash in on Bold upgrades.
    Sure - we'll be more than happy to help you commit fraud.
    06-21-10 08:17 AM
    I wasn't trying to commit fraud. Nevermind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD