This just happened to me.

My screen flashed, illuminated, and then went black and the LED light stayed red for a few seconds. Then I got a white screen and at the bottom, there seemed to be something loading. Once the bar was complete, it re-booted. I was on 1X until I turned off the power and rebooted it up, where it switched back to 1XEV. Weird... did this happen to anyone? Should I be concerned?

All I did was update a picture to Twitpic, and set it down before it .. went crazy like this lol.
    07-31-09 12:05 AM
    haven't had this experience yet..
    07-31-09 01:16 AM
    My Tour has rebooted spontaneously and randomly a few times.

I reloaded the OEM 4.7.1.40 OS after trying the hybrid OS and BBM5 and getting more rebooting and calls going straight to voicemail. I haven't had a single reboot or missed call since reloading the OS.

Your reboot is probably due to a software conflict of some sort. I don't know if you want to go through the trouble of reloading your OS, but it might be something to consider if you have more rebooting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:48 AM
    Mine rebooted once not long after installin quicklaunch but hasn't since

07-31-09 03:06 AM
    yep mine has done this 1 time to day
    07-31-09 03:30 AM
    Mine has rebooted on its own several times in the last 2 weeks. The last time, I was checking gmail using the BB gmail app. Gonna key an eye on this and see if this is a pattern.
    07-31-09 06:58 AM
    +1

Random reboots here also.
    08-02-09 11:46 AM
    1 time for me. After installing Sprint Navigation.
    08-02-09 12:37 PM
    This has happened to me 3-4 times so far. Once when I locked the phone it rebooted, another when I took a video and attempted to send to someone it rebooted, the third time I went in to SMS to send a text message and it reboot and the forth I can't remember. It's rebooted a lot more than my Storm did, then again, it's a LOT faster coming up than the Storm and it's not as frustrating as the Storm so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt right now.
    08-02-09 01:31 PM
    Have the Tour since day 1 and has never rebooted on its own. I only a weather app and score mobile installed though.

08-02-09 01:40 PM
    BB's have a tendency to do these things from time to time. They're generally software glitches that have a way of sorting themselves out. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it becomes more frequent.
    08-02-09 01:41 PM
    There are times that I'll use my phone and when I exit everything and go to lock it I'll get a solid white rectangle box either at the bottom or on the upper left hand side. Is that normal? My phone has also turned off and restarted on me twice. It never did that untill yesterday that I formatted my micro sd card. I like the phone but lil things like that make me wonder..
    08-04-09 02:46 AM
    Did you format the card because of the rebooting, or did it start rebooting after you formatted the memory card?

08-04-09 03:01 AM
    Did you format the card because of the rebooting, or did it start rebooting after you formatted the memory card?

Mines started rebooting after I formatted the card. But then again I formatted the card and then installed the trial version of BeBuzz or whatever that App is called. So i dont know if that has anything to do with it. And I dont know why at times that I lock my keyboard I get a lil white rectangle. Or if not I'll get a square with half the sprint wallpaper and the rest is my wallpaper.
    08-04-09 01:40 PM
    Same here... 2 random reboots. And not after installing anything.
    08-04-09 01:43 PM
    Mine hasn't done it at all
    08-04-09 01:46 PM
    The first Tour I received would do this on it's own, so I returned it to Sprint. They replaced it immediatley. The second and subsequently 3rd phone I exchanged all have rebooted themselves and when they came back up the phone was "bricked", error message stating to re-load software. Not good when you're on the road with no way to re-load!

I will be exchanging for a 4th Tour this week. Hopefully the new batch at the Sprint store will have this bug worked out. It's a great phone!

By the way, this is my 4th BlackBerry. Started with the 7250, 8830, 8330 now Tour and I'm running same apps as before. Never had a problem with previous BB.
    08-04-09 01:50 PM
    Mine did the same thing but then after the reboot I noticed my BB had the "slacker" app randomly added. So my guess was that it had to reboot to push that to my BB.
    08-04-09 05:40 PM
    This just happened to me.

My screen flashed, illuminated, and then went black and the LED light stayed red for a few seconds. Then I got a white screen and at the bottom, there seemed to be something loading. Once the bar was complete, it re-booted. I was on 1X until I turned off the power and rebooted it up, where it switched back to 1XEV. Weird... did this happen to anyone? Should I be concerned?

All I did was update a picture to Twitpic, and set it down before it .. went crazy like this lol.
    i need help my blackberry tour i am not happy with the blackberry . I have been talking with the technicians at sprint for a week everyday trying to resolved the problem. They reinstalled the os twice at the Sprint store and the problem is still there when i open the app every now and then it will make the phone reboot. They tried everything they can possibly do. They told me there is nothing they can do. They wanted to replace the phone because they think that it is mechanical like memory or something. But since i didn't buy the phone from them they told to contact the person i bought it from ebay.TO HELP ME and he said he can't help.OUT IN THE COLD
    08-05-09 06:38 PM
    i need help my blackberry tour i am not happy with the blackberry . I have been talking with the technicians at sprint for a week everyday trying to resolved the problem. They reinstalled the os twice at the Sprint store and the problem is still there when i open the app every now and then it will make the phone reboot. They tried everything they can possibly do. They told me there is nothing they can do. They wanted to replace the phone because they think that it is mechanical like memory or something. But since i didn't buy the phone from them they told to contact the person i bought it from ebay.TO HELP ME and he said he can't help.OUT IN THE COLD
    08-05-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD