11-29-09 02:02 PM
76 1234
tools
    Mine takes about 5-10 mins, I'm hoping with a software upgrade this will improve, thank god I have patience lol
    08-15-09 11:52 PM
    4:57 felt like forever when timing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:51 PM
    5 minutes sounds about right. Just remember this is not just a cell phone it's a computer and it's loading a ton of stuff.

Let me ask this simple question to everyone. Is 2-7 minutes such a big deal for a reboot and if it is why ?
    Because my 800MHz laptop from 1995 would reboot faster.
    08-17-09 07:03 PM
    Loaded up an online stopwatch to time my boot time.

From the red light going on to passing security test, it was 4min 30sec on the button.

Online Stopwatch
    You needed an ONLINE stopwatch to do this?
    08-17-09 07:05 PM
    You just press and hold the power button(red button on right) until the message comes up saying its shutting down. Then u turn it back on...

Umm no. That doesn't reboot the phone at all.

A soft reboot is Alt-RightShift-Delete

A hard reboot, which is the exact same thing, is removing the battery.
    08-17-09 07:07 PM
    Get the latest OS then
    08-17-09 07:13 PM
    Good thread! This really bothers me about this phone but oh well I guess I have to live with it cause I love everything else!

08-17-09 10:42 PM
    Umm no. That doesn't reboot the phone at all.

A soft reboot is Alt-RightShift-Delete

A hard reboot, which is the exact same thing, is removing the battery.
    oh my bad... so then whats the difference with pressing the buttons and pulling the battery? does it produce a different result?
    08-17-09 10:47 PM
    The second I put in the battery until the security hits 100% and says successful...

3:57

129.9 MB Free Space

I've had it down under 3:20 before.
    08-18-09 01:03 AM
    5 min.... sucks especially after installs
    08-18-09 01:47 AM
    For me, it's an issue because I'm usually doing a reboot because the BB isn't working properly, and the only reason I know this is because I went to USE the BB and couldn't. In many cases, I'm wanting/needing to make a phone call. All day tomorrow, every time you go to make a call, stop and wait 5 minutes before you make the call. You'll likely make a lot fewer calls, but you'll also find that it's just incredibly frustrating! Alternatively, imagine if you needed to call 9-1-1 and had to wait 5 minutes. My pearl would reboot in 2 minutes, and even that was excruciating. 5 minutes is totally unacceptable; I'm half tempted to carry a second phone with me in case of emergencies, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of having the Tour in the first place!
    09-15-09 02:10 PM
    The only time it's miffed me so far is when i'm traveling, my VZ Nav locks up and i have to reboot.

that's annoyance at the Tour and VZ Nav!

09-15-09 02:53 PM
    What I am about to say reminds me of the Matrix when Keano is offered the red pill and the blue pill. If you take the red pill there's no turning back, if you take the blue pill you wake up and it's like nothing ever happened.

I know how to get your bb tour to boot in the sub 3:30's, but once you do it there is no turning back. you will be a true bb crackhead junkie for ever and you'll be looking to flash every chance you get...
    09-15-09 03:43 PM
    i see here a lot you said only 5 minutes mine takes between 11-13 minutes. I'm not resetting very often, i use quickpull. I have two batteries and when i change from one batt to another i have to wait forever to reboot!! i dont mind but still haven't had another blackberry that took that lonnnng!
    I have that same problem! But if it's memory related as stated in the quote below, then that probably could be why I'm having that long reboot time. I have a 4gig card and take a lot of pictures and videos.

Not trying to confuse the issue, but I did some testing:

Tour with 8MB SD card = 11 min
    Tour with 2MB SD card = 6 min
    Tour with 1MB SD card = 2.5 min

So I think it's memory related. Maybe the Tour is performing some sort of Check Disk or fsck on the SD card as part of its boot routine?
    10-16-09 09:46 AM
    I failed to mention that I'm on my third Tour. The first two had shorter reboot times and more apps.
    10-16-09 09:47 AM
    Mine has been getting slower and slower on the reboot. But I am pretty sure there is something wacky going on because it will reboot while in e-mail as some users have posted. But my reboot takes 20-30 minutes on average. The unlock is sluggish at times and dialing a phone number has a delay. Hopefully when I take it in it is just a matter of replacing it. I have an 8GB card almost full in it but I cant see a difference whether or not I have it in.
    11-25-09 11:29 AM
    7.5 minutes consistently.
    11-25-09 02:41 PM
    I just went from 8+ minutes on VZW's .61 to under 4 with irtehun's latest 5.0 hybrid. Awesome.

11-25-09 03:28 PM
    Not sure if this is the case with everyone having long reboot times, but I recently had mine jump from 4+ minutes to 8-9+ minutes. I discovered this was due to Content Protection turned ON. If you turn this off, pull battery and reboot the times should cut down. What happens with CP enabled is that during the reboot process all of your messages get encrypted. The more messages you have and stronger the encryption, the longer the reboot time will be. I did the battery pull so the device would decrypt the messages and the reboot would be the time to count...
    11-28-09 04:02 AM
    Mine does reboot but it just reads JVM.Error.0666.vlad!

Mine boots up in like 2.5 minutes or so, not sure though I haven't pulled the bat for 131559 secs.
    11-28-09 04:12 AM
    It took me 4 Tours to get one that worked good enough to suit me. This ones been running with no problems since early Sept up until yesterday. I purchased Berry Weather via the DOD and during the install got a 907 cod error and then upon a reboot Reload Software 552. Ok no big deal here followed the instructions how to revive a bricked bb up and running.

So before this 552 issue ALL of my tours took around 10 - 12 to reboot but NOT anymore. Now it only takes around 5 mins which to some may seem like forever but me, I'm quite pleased with this. This is after completely restoring ALL my apps and settings. I'm using VZ's latest official OS .61.

In short my suggestion to anyone with long boot times would be to wipe and re-install. I realize this would be a pain but for the time it would take IMO it would be worth a shot.

11-28-09 07:27 AM
    I timed it: 3:48 total time. Running 5.0.0.230 v11 hybrid (irtehun) and have a ton of apps + a 16 GB MicroSD. Running 5.0 OS hybrid definitely improved my boot time (used to be ~5-6 mins).
    11-28-09 10:55 AM
    i definitely don't believe you.
    11-28-09 04:22 PM
    i definitely don't believe you.
    Who is it you don't believe? What cause do we have to lie?

11-28-09 04:28 PM
    Since I downloaded the 5.0.0.230 v11 hybrid (irtehun), my boot times are around 3 1/2 minutes. This is down from 10-12 from my first Tour...I never would have believed it either, but after a few battery pulls after downloading the hybrid, it's amazing.
    11-28-09 07:33 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD