does the Tour has the longest reboot time ever among all other berries? it takes about almost 5 mins to just get restart... anyone know the reason?
    07-21-09 11:03 PM
    More junk loaded up if I had to guess.

I don't pay attention when rebooting. I set the phone down and go do something else.
    07-21-09 11:10 PM
    New device, new OS, it'll get better with later revisions. Patience is key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 11:11 PM
    I really hope so, mine takes forever after a battery pull/hard reset to boot, and even takes a bit of time after a soft reset

07-22-09 12:21 AM
    i haven't actually counted how long my tour takes but i think its right around 2 min
    07-22-09 12:28 AM
    yup mine takes about 2-4 minutes to boot up. hope software update can fix this.
    07-22-09 12:50 AM
    Mine takes between 5-10 minutes. It's my only complaint about the phone, but it's really annoying.
    07-22-09 12:51 AM
    5 minutes sounds about right. Just remember this is not just a cell phone it's a computer and it's loading a ton of stuff.

Let me ask this simple question to everyone. Is 2-7 minutes such a big deal for a reboot and if it is why ?
    07-22-09 01:01 AM
    Takes approx. 8 min to reboot my Tour, longer if I'm removing an app. The good news is that I don't have to reboot as often to recover memory.

As a previous poster said, I'm sure it will get better as time goes on.

07-22-09 05:10 AM
    mine takes 5 minutes. i wouldn't mind it so much except my phone's been randomly rebooting by itself. No clue why it's doing that.
    07-22-09 05:13 AM
    (My)Curve was just under 2 min.

(My)Tour takes about 6 min.

Not a big deal to me. Since there is more memory i don't need to worry about leaks and resetting.

07-22-09 05:52 AM
    About 5 minutes for me. Not a big deal though. Always reboot first thing in the morning while I'm gittin' ready for work.
    07-22-09 05:56 AM
    It does take awhile...I'm going to test it out after this post this

07-22-09 07:56 AM
    Mines take less then 5 minutes, you must have a lot of apps and what not..
    07-22-09 08:01 AM
    It took 6 mins to reboot

07-22-09 08:09 AM
    I've rebooted a few times since I got mine a couple of days ago and it never took more than 3 to 4 minutes. I would imagine once I load it with more stuff it'd be a little slower.

07-22-09 08:16 AM
    It does take a while to reboot not gunna lie. I would know since my Tour has frozen like 6 times already
    07-22-09 08:27 AM
    5 minutes sounds about right. Just remember this is not just a cell phone it's a computer and it's loading a ton of stuff.

Let me ask this simple question to everyone. Is 2-7 minutes such a big deal for a reboot and if it is why ?
    what kinda computer do you have that takes 5 minutes to boot up?
    07-22-09 08:36 AM
    this must be most of you guys first 4.6 and up berry. All of the new bb's take a long time to boot up (storm, bold (although not as bad as the others) curve 8900) just got to get used to it
    07-22-09 10:24 AM
    what kinda computer do you have that takes 5 minutes to boot up?
    As a matter of fact my pc's are all VooDoo and they are rocking fast.

Jake I am not saying reboot time for the Tour is good, actually it is suprising how slow it is. All I am asking others is why it is such a "problem" if it takes a few minutes more to reboot.

Remember when the new OS comes out hopefully this will be corrected
    07-22-09 11:06 AM
    As a matter of fact my pc's are all VooDoo and they are rocking fast.

Jake I am not saying reboot time for the Tour is good, actually it is suprising how slow it is. All I am asking others is why it is such a "problem" if it takes a few minutes more to reboot.

Remember when the new OS comes out hopefully this will be corrected
    it's not necessarily a problem but more of an annoyance. it's kind of irksome that the newest device is taking longer. it goes against the idea of progress. i know that the tour may be loading up more functionality than the older devices but it's also supposed to be faster. i dont sweat it, but from some of the figures that people are throwing out here, the boot times have a wide range of discrepancy. im just glad i dont have a storm anymore haha, because the frequent reboots it required ended up wasting more time than the infrequent ones on my tour
    07-22-09 11:18 AM
    it's not necessarily a problem but more of an annoyance. it's kind of irksome that the newest device is taking longer. it goes against the idea of progress. i know that the tour may be loading up more functionality than the older devices but it's also supposed to be faster. i dont sweat it, but from some of the figures that people are throwing out here, the boot times have a wide range of discrepancy. im just glad i dont have a storm anymore haha, because the frequent reboots it required ended up wasting more time than the infrequent ones on my tour
    Yes you are right in saying this is the latest and greatest and now has become the slowest in rebooting. Why ??? that is a good question. I guess we will have to wait and see what 5.0 does. Hopefully this will be corrected or at least decreased !
    07-22-09 11:24 AM
    A little side line my back up 8707v boot in less than 1 minute get that ,,,,
    07-22-09 11:38 AM
    My Tour takes about 3-5 minutes to boot up. It's definitely not quick but I'm used to it with BlackBerries.
    07-22-09 11:40 AM
    My curve was 1-2 minutes; the Tour is literally 8 minutes from reboot to usable.
    07-24-09 04:28 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD