When my battery got too low a message popped up about the radio being turned off. What radio? I don't use my Blackberry as a radio. Is there a way to turn off radio? Thanks!
    06-23-10 12:56 PM
    "Radio" in the case of a mobile phone (maybe only BB uses this term?) means the system of sending and receiving data via the network (voice, data), which requires power. When it shuts the radio off, that means that you don't have a cell signal anymore but your phone will still work "offline" until the batt completely dies.

When my battery got too low a message popped up about the radio being turned off. What radio? I don't use my Blackberry as a radio. Is there a way to turn off radio? Thanks!
    06-23-10 01:02 PM
    Yup no calls no data, not enough juice.
    06-23-10 01:09 PM
    Technically a radio is any device that uses some kind of frequency to broadcast a signal. Usually we think of FM radio to listen to but cell phones, over-the-air TV, cordless phones, and many other devices use it. Even Wi-Fi is a radio.

Your battery got so low it was trying to stay alive so it cut off all communication with the local cell phone tower, turning off the little radio inside your Tour. Just charge it and you will be fine.
    06-23-10 02:18 PM
    Technically a radio is any device that uses some kind of frequency to broadcast a signal. Usually we think of FM radio to listen to but cell phones, over-the-air TV, cordless phones, and many other devices use it. Even Wi-Fi is a radio.

Your battery got so low it was trying to stay alive so it cut off all communication with the local cell phone tower, turning off the little radio inside your Tour. Just charge it and you will be fine.
    06-23-10 02:20 PM
    Thank you for the information.
    06-23-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD