Hello all,

OK, I have read all the related topics and not seen something that specifically applies to my situation. I sincerely appreciate anyone taking the time to read this

I have a sprint blackberry tour 9630, and it was my old work phone. I will not lie, I just took it when I left the last job. I put a T-mobile prepay simcard in it when I arrived in Germany last September, and this was fine for a long time until I decided I need data.

I then bought a combo plan from O2, good deal, with phone, sms, and data. Unfortunately, Data has never worked with this plan, except once, google maps worked.

To this point I have tried changing APN settings, O2 has tried changing APN settings, we have added blackberry support to my plan, this also did nothing except cost a few more euro. From what they told me, APN is set to automatic override on their side anyway.

I cannot register the phone with o2, and from what I can tell, it is no longer registered with sprint.
    When I try to register through advanced options - host routing table, it says to me that the message is sent, but then nothing happens.

It IS unlocked.
    Browser is NOT visible.
    When I go to email settings it states that it had a problem connecting to the server.

On the last service call I made, they told me that since it was an american blackberry, it would not work in germany. I know this has to be wrong. Could this be possible?

Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to do here?

Does anybody know why this isnt working quite right?

Thank you,
    DMFBMX
    04-28-11 06:50 AM
    Far as i know the Blackberry tour 9630 is supporting quad band (EDGE,GPRS,GSM) also.. it runs on the UMTS (3g).. i think it should work.. maybe some of the settings of the GSM/CDMA are wrong?
    04-28-11 08:55 AM
    Probably your carrier hasn't sent the correct Service Books since they don't sell that model device. You might see if you can get the generic service books and load them.
    04-28-11 11:10 AM
    how does one go about loading generic service books?

If there is no physical connection to the network?

Thanks for the replies - I figured it has to work - at the end of the day it is just another smartphone, right?
    04-28-11 05:27 PM
    You will need to contact the carrier and see if they have them available. They might not. In the Storm forum, there are threads with the Service Books for US carriers AT&T and TMobile, but the Service Books are carrier specific.

And no it's definitely not "just another smartphone". BlackBerry devices work very differently from other devices. Service Books control many of the functions especially the data functions.
    04-28-11 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD