Alright, so I am having a major issue with my password on my Tour. I set a 3 letter password, and now, I can no longer use my phone without trying 10 different passwords and having it wipe and then restoring it. I am 100% positive I am typing in the correct password, as I have tried 3 times now with the same passwords (I mean 3 times as in setting this password, and having to wipe and restore, making sure the password is typed perfectly)

I don't have my USB cable with me, and I have a long car ride home tomorrow, is there something that I am doing wrong? It never informed me that I couldn't make 3 letter passwords, so obviously I would assume it allows 3 letter passwords. My old password was 6 letters, and it worked flawlessly.

Has this happened to anyone else, if so, what did you do to fix it?
    Thanks.
    12-31-09 09:34 PM
    I recall some mention of problems with 3 character passwords but I thought I was another unit, like my former 8830. I'd suggest going with 4 character. I presume you are sure that it was letters or NUMBERS in your sequence?
    01-01-10 02:29 AM
    I have had this issue when using caps in the password. Lucky for me my track ball died at the same time and the replacment seems to work with passwords now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 03:24 AM
    The problem is that it is exactly 3 lowercase letters and no numbers. I'm at the stage again where I enter Blackberry to continue, and I'm typing it correctly.
    01-01-10 07:38 AM
    Are you sure that you used lowercase? No accidental numbers?

I don't have a password on mine. I tried one when I first got my 8830 but decided to just keep tabs on my phone. But I have vacillated particularly when I was in Europe and packing and repacking a bunch whether to protect it or not. I decided the potential loss of all data by losing the phone while in Europe was the same as blowing the password and losing data so never bothered. If BB or someone would come up with a backup to SD CARD so that data could be restored, I would implement a password.

Sorry for your misfortune. I guess you get the phone back in calling/browsing order if you enter the wrong password but all your data is gone until you can restore it.
    01-01-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD