What do people think of WireFly?
    07-02-09 08:47 PM
    I just ordered mine form WireFly.
    07-02-09 08:50 PM
    why order from wirefly for $200 upgrade when you can order for $149 upgrade directly from Verizon???? is there some kind of added benefit from ordering it from wirefly that I'm not aware of??? free accessories or something???
    07-02-09 08:58 PM
    If I order from Wirefly they are making me jump from 450 minute plan to 900 plan, which I don't need. The contract says if downgrade within 6 months they charge me $300 (i.e. the amount I'm saving).
    07-02-09 08:58 PM
    why order from wirefly for $200 upgrade when you can order for $149 upgrade directly from Verizon???? is there some kind of added benefit from ordering it from wirefly that I'm not aware of??? free accessories or something???
    Because the phone costs me $489 to buy from VZW vs. $200 from WifeFly. I am not eligible for am upgrade now.
    07-02-09 08:59 PM
    If I order from Wirefly they are making me jump from 450 minute plan to 900 plan, which I don't need. The contract says if downgrade within 6 months they charge me $300 (i.e. the amount I'm saving).
    Nope I was wrong - I figured out how to change to the plan I wanted.

I just ordered it! Plus I can cancel anytime until they ship the phone.

What a deal!!!! Nobody has to pay the $489 thanks to WireFly unless you don't want to sign a contract.
    07-02-09 09:04 PM
    Here is the link - Reserve Yours Today!

It better be the Tour with the Camera! it doesn't say, but I'm assuming it has the camera.

UPDATE - I found out it is the Tour with the Camera.
    Last edited by Mozy; 07-02-09 at 09:21 PM.
    07-02-09 09:11 PM
    Nope I was wrong - I figured out how to change to the plan I wanted.

I just ordered it! Plus I can cancel anytime until they ship the phone.

What a deal!!!! Nobody has to pay the $489 thanks to WireFly unless you don't want to sign a contract.

how do you change the plan? i need this deal
    07-02-09 09:30 PM
    Anyone know how to do this if I just want to upgrade one line on a family share
    07-02-09 09:31 PM
    The box where it says which plan it is, under the price there is things in blue and one says more verizon plans
    07-02-09 09:32 PM
    It was tricky - go back and review your order and then there is an option on there to change plans. It tried to stuff me in 900 minute plan, but after messing with it I found out I could choose any plan.
    07-02-09 09:33 PM
    How can wirefly do this?
    07-02-09 09:35 PM
    holy crap. this thread might keep me on VZW
    07-02-09 09:38 PM
    How can wirefly do this?
    They are the #1 seller of VZW phones so they get special deals.
    07-02-09 09:41 PM
    How can wirefly do this?

this is how:

DEACTIVATING THIS PHONE OR DOWNGRADING FEATURES OR RATE PLAN MAY LEAD TO ADDITIONAL CHARGES
    Our goal is to provide you with the very best purchasing experience possible, including huge savings vs. buying in a retail store. Your wireless device purchase price was reduced by an Equipment Discount of $200 ($300 for PDA's and smart phones; $300 for Netbooks). By accepting this price reduction, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you:

Fail to pay your balance due to Verizon Wireless each month

Disconnect this Verizon Wireless line of service

Transfer this equipment to another Verizon Wireless line of service

Change your Verizon Wireless service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate

Deactivate the email/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase

Transfer/port an existing mobile number from another Verizon Wireless account if this is a new line of service

Replace an existing account with Verizon Wireless with this account if this is a new line

Return or exchange your wireless device and it is not in its original, new condition with no more than 30 minutes of usage

If you break any of these contract provisions, except as a result of a documented service quality issue related to the carrier service, you authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of the Equipment Discount.

i have no problem with those T&Cs as long as i can upgrade to a storm2 when it comes out, i'm fine
    07-02-09 09:41 PM
    this is how:

DEACTIVATING THIS PHONE OR DOWNGRADING FEATURES OR RATE PLAN MAY LEAD TO ADDITIONAL CHARGES
    Our goal is to provide you with the very best purchasing experience possible, including huge savings vs. buying in a retail store. Your wireless device purchase price was reduced by an Equipment Discount of $200 ($300 for PDA's and smart phones; $300 for Netbooks). By accepting this price reduction, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you:

Fail to pay your balance due to Verizon Wireless each month

Disconnect this Verizon Wireless line of service

Transfer this equipment to another Verizon Wireless line of service

Change your Verizon Wireless service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate

Deactivate the email/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase

Transfer/port an existing mobile number from another Verizon Wireless account if this is a new line of service

Replace an existing account with Verizon Wireless with this account if this is a new line

Return or exchange your wireless device and it is not in its original, new condition with no more than 30 minutes of usage

If you break any of these contract provisions, except as a result of a documented service quality issue related to the carrier service, you authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of the Equipment Discount.

i have no problem with those T&Cs as long as i can upgrade to a storm2 when it comes out, i'm fine
    As long as you plan to have the phone on your signed up for plan for 6 months there should be no issue.

Wirefly seems to have a fairly good reputation:

Wirefly Store Ratings at BizRate
    Wirefly Reviews. Buying guides & consumer product reviews at Epinions.com
    Last edited by Mozy; 07-02-09 at 09:49 PM.
    07-02-09 09:46 PM
    that's what i'm saying. this made me really happy. i just placed my order.
    07-02-09 09:50 PM
    Wirefly are legit and my last experience with them was great. I got 2 phones from them for free the last time my contract was up with AT&T. The phones were $100 each with the upgrade discount through AT&T.

I highly recommend them, just take your time when going through the process to make sure you verify all the options you are checking.

Enjoy your new Tour! I am waiting for my contract to be up again before I decide on my next device. So many great phones coming out over the next few months I dont know what I will end up with.

The only thing I know for sure is that I will be checking the Wirefly prices again when I am ready to make a decision.
    Last edited by davva360; 07-02-09 at 09:58 PM.
    07-02-09 09:52 PM
    does wirefly always offer phones like this for people who are not eligible for discounts? I would like to use my wifes upgrade for the tour and leave this option open if Storm2 every comes out
    07-02-09 09:56 PM
    Anyone know how to do this if I just want to upgrade one line on a family share
    I want to know how to do this as well. :/
    07-02-09 10:04 PM
    although the answer is probably no...is there any chance they take vzw giftcards?
    07-02-09 10:05 PM
    Hey guys,

Use coupon code: wireflyblue62

for a free bluetooth headset at check out.

Coupon expired but i hear it works anyway
    07-02-09 10:14 PM
    So I can do this and get a tour for 200$ even if my ne2 isn't up? Will this work with just my line of the family share plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 10:32 PM
    So I can do this and get a tour for 200$ even if my ne2 isn't up?
    Yes think so

Will this work with just my line of the family share plan?

Meaning you want to get more than one Tour?
    07-02-09 10:39 PM
    So I can do this and get a tour for 200$ even if my ne2 isn't up? Will this work with just my line of the family share plan?

I'm curious about this as well. If I can order this for $200 vs. the full retail I just spent on VZW's website I'm all for that. I just plan on upgrading on my line on a family share plan though, hopefully that's possible?
    07-02-09 10:40 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD