I was browsing through some websites: BGR, Engadet, Slashgear and found this interesting/awesome link:

BlackBerry Tour 9630 spotted in Verizon inventory - SlashGear

Hope it's for real and I hope it's coming in July!
    05-15-09 08:30 AM
    Its real. Amazed that someone would post it in inventory so early but oh well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 08:34 AM
    That's what I was thinking...July is a ways out...I guess it's wishful thinking that Verizon will surprise us all with an earlier release. But hey, let me keep my dreams. Ha ha ha.
    05-15-09 08:35 AM
    The article seems to be slightly misinformed about the phone's specs, though - all pre-release reviews so far have the screen running at 480x360 with confirmation of there being no WiFi (this article claims a 480x320 resolution and says WiFi status is unknown). Not sure why an article this recent with inventory shots would be wrong in those aspects, but this is definitely promising news. I love my 8330 but it just can't compare to the new tech in the current Berry lines. I can't wait for the 9630.
    05-15-09 08:46 AM
    I'm not convinced that Tour will be the final name of this thing. I posted this suspicion when the Tour name was first released but nobody seemed to comment. Here is my reasoning.

Here is the whois info for "blackberrytour.com" (via Internic's whois):

Domain Name: BLACKBERRYTOUR.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: Browser Update Page
    Name Server: NS27.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS28.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Updated Date: 06-jan-2009
    Creation Date: 06-jan-2009
    Expiration Date: 06-jan-2011

Now here is the whois for "blackberrybold.com":

Domain Name: BLACKBERRYBOLD.COM
    Registrar: CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.corporatedomains.com
    Referral URL: Corporation Service Company: Trademarks, Domains and Brand Monitoring
    Name Server: PDNS1.CSCDNS.NET
    Name Server: PDNS2.CSCDNS.NET
    Updated Date: 15-sep-2008
    Creation Date: 07-mar-2008
    Expiration Date: 07-mar-2010

(Same results as for ~curve, ~storm, ~pearl, etc.)

Why wouldn't RIM register the Tour domain name with CSC (Corporation Service Company) as with all their other domain aliases?
    05-15-09 11:14 AM
    if its in the inventory already i bet its going to be another month until they start training for it (storm training started october 17th) and then it will be released around the same time as the new iphone. i cant see it taking until august or september if they have hardware finalized and are close to a very solid OS. that would be pure negligence. i at least hope they announce it once the people who had the 8830's contracts are up so they at least know its coming.
    05-15-09 11:53 AM
    the chances of it coming out before July is pretty slim but now with it going into inventory the idea of it coming out in July isn't as far fetched.
    05-15-09 12:31 PM
    Did anyone else notice that the specs on that page said it included GPS? Not to start a firestorm here but here goes anyway - is this completely unlocked, like the Storm, or semi-unlocked, like the new 4.5 upgrades that allow you to use BB Maps only?
    05-15-09 12:51 PM
    CrackBerry confirmed the name. That should be enough for most people.
    05-15-09 12:57 PM
    On the Blog post here at CB the pic of the inventory list shows a BELL GIFT CARD line item. I think this may have been mistaken as Verizon inventory when it is actually Bell's.
    05-15-09 01:02 PM
    CrackBerry confirmed the name. That should be enough for most people.
    haha

hopefully its enough for me
    05-15-09 01:11 PM
    On the Blog post here at CB the pic of the inventory list shows a BELL GIFT CARD line item. I think this may have been mistaken as Verizon inventory when it is actually Bell's.

you make a good point I wonder
    05-15-09 01:13 PM
    The Bell gift card thing is a bit odd, but I feel like BGR would've caught on to that before posting the information. I don't know unless he was too much in a hurry to make it public.

Now, does anyone know about how long it generally takes devices to appear in stores for sale after they are first listed on the inventory list?
    05-15-09 01:45 PM
    The Bell gift card thing is a bit odd, but I feel like BGR would've caught on to that before posting the information. I don't know unless he was too much in a hurry to make it public.

Now, does anyone know about how long it generally takes devices to appear in stores for sale after they are first listed on the inventory list?

no we dont know how long it takes because its different each time...

also

I highly doubt that verizon would have a "bell" gift card in there inventory screen. verizon has no affiliation with bell as far as I know. So I think its a bell inventory screen unless further proof comes out
    05-15-09 01:58 PM

This wasn't BGR's story, this photo originated on PhoneArena not BGR.
    05-15-09 02:12 PM
    I am agreeing with noaim on this one. Someone was far to quick to post this before investigation.
    05-15-09 02:13 PM
    This wasn't BGR's story, this photo originated on PhoneArena not BGR.
    Hey Crucial, ever heard of the Atlas??
    05-15-09 02:13 PM
    Yes this screenshot is definitely from Bell and not from Verizon.
    05-15-09 02:18 PM
    Yay! Finally some solid proof of this phone coming to verizon!
    05-15-09 02:31 PM
    ah! It is phonearena.com I look through so many pages every morning that they all just kind of mush together.

Any chance that the "Bell" gift card was a holiday giftcard with bells on it? Some people throw that idea around in the comments section of the phonearena post (http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Blac...-a_5072.html)?
    05-15-09 02:36 PM
    Also saw on the description that is said "DUM" does that mean that it is the Dummy phone??

When I was a VoiceStream (I know they are TMO now, but when I started they were VStream, and not TMo) our dummy phones would all show the DUM either in the description or in the part numbers.

I would assume that the dummy phones would be available beofre the real deal anyway, just my 2 cents.

Also noticed the same Bell Gift card, weird.
    05-15-09 02:43 PM
    Yay! Finally some solid proof of this phone coming to verizon!

you may want to read that this is actually a bell screen shot, would not have a bell gift card on the screen...
    05-15-09 03:03 PM
    Maybe they're stocking it in inventory so early so they can have some employees test it out?
    05-15-09 03:05 PM
    Maybe they're stocking it in inventory so early so they can have some employees test it out?
    They have been testing it. For a while now.
    05-15-09 03:34 PM
    the bell gift card thing says HLIDY GIFT CARD so its probably for the holidays
    05-15-09 05:22 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD